FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: DeLorean Limousine - Sketch to Stainless - Progress Photos

My VIN:    A few, by name... DeLorean Monster Truck, DeLorean Roadster, DeLorean Hovercraft, DeLorean Limo

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Not sure if I was first on the list, but Yes, I am on the list for an early order of one of Ed Uding's power steering kits.

Quote Originally Posted by TTait View Post
    I'm guessing you may be in the market for one of the new power steering kits?

My VIN:    A few, by name... DeLorean Monster Truck, DeLorean Roadster, DeLorean Hovercraft, DeLorean Limo

Driver's Door area with a view of the Back Seats

Attaching a photo of the refurbished Driver's Door area, with new door seals and upgraded door sill in place.

Driver-Door-Seals.jpg

Note: Most of the interior pieces (shown in this photo) have not been cleaned, refurbished or in some cases,
    like the carpet, not yet re-installed, since this was a photo taken about a week ago (early in the work week).

The rear seats are still only "placed in" as part of the photo ops and documentary video taken back in 2010
    by Jordan Livingston, so they are not representative of the final placement of the "center section" rear seats.

Yes, this is the only DeLorean with full size rear seats and plenty of leg room. (leg room for Super Models?)

Later,
    Rich W.

My VIN:    06960

Quote Originally Posted by Rich W View Post
    leg room for Super Models?
    Don't say it unless you mean it!
    Jim Reeve
    DMC6960

D-Status: - Getting some Spring exercise

Oh Yeah, I mean it alright!! I have been thinking about it for quite some time.

Attaching a photo of two blonde models with previous gullwing limo experience:

Leggy-Gullwing-SuperModels.jpg

The actual models I have in mind are blonde triplets, so I can have one pose
    at each of the passenger side gullwing doors. I will keep them as a surprise.

Later,
    Rich W.

Quote Originally Posted by dmc6960 View Post
    Don't say it unless you mean it!

New Front Impact Absorber, New Headlight Brackets, Buckets, Wipers, etc.

Back to the Progress Photos ...

Attaching a photo of some progress on the hardware for the front of the DeLorean Limo.

D-Limo-impact-absorber-hl-brackets.jpg

New Impact Absorber foam (prior to new front fascia install), as well as the new headlight brackets and buckets
    awaiting the new OEM headlights (facing up, on the foam), to be installed as assemblies, later the same day.

Front trunk area has been freshened up (new paint) and new wipers have been installed. Windshield trim was
    also freshened up with a coat of paint and all new metal exterior door handles were installed on all six doors.

Later,
    Rich W.

BTW: Yes, you can see a bit of the DeLorean Convertible Roadster (and D Rex) in the background.
    Last edited by Rich W; 04-18-2012 at 06:28 PM. Reason: Added BTW

Front view of new front end hardware installed

Attaching a photo of the front view of the DeLorean Limo with the new headlight hardware installed.

D-Limo-headlights.jpg

Note: All the lights and reflectors are all NOS parts, purchased as a kit several years ago (Spring Special)
    from DMC MW. All the new lights, reflectors, gaskets and screws (all part of kit) really make the D Limo
    look great ... and in many ways, they help make it look like a new vehicle. However, as you can tell in
    the photo, I still have to do daily battle with dust on the vehicle, since it is in the middle of the Farm Belt.

Later,
    Rich W.

DMC Midwest - 815.459.6439 DMCMW Dave's Avatar

My VIN:    (former)05429

Quote Originally Posted by Rich W View Post
    , I still have to do daily battle with dust on the vehicle, since it is in the middle of the Farm Belt.

Later,
    Rich W.
    You really ought to pave the floor. . . .
    Dave S
    DMC Midwest - retired but helping
    Greenville SC

The gravel floor is not the primary source of dust ...

Paving the floor will do nothing to help reduce the dust from the thousands of nearby acres being plowed
    and planted at this time of year, especially with the nearly everyday windy conditions.

The full length roof-top ridge vent would need one heck of a huge filter to try to capture all the farm dust.

Yeah, a paved floor would be nice ... AFTER ... I spend most of my spare cash getting the projects done.

Quote Originally Posted by DMCMW Dave View Post
    You really ought to pave the floor. . . .

Banned

My VIN:    16510 and carbureted

Club(s):   (GCD) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

I have a feeling this car is going to be nicer and better than many of our daily drivers.

On another note, haven't you learned there is no such thing as a Delorean chic magnet? If you thought a regular Delorean attracting men was bad, wait until you see what happens when you put this puppy on the road. Men are going to go nuts for you and your car!

Not sure about the "man factor" on the DeLorean Limo. Yes, the guy co-workers have lots of questions
    after seeing some photos, but even more of the women co-workers have been expressing interest in it,
    although admittedly, many of the women's questions have been "Will you be renting it out for weddings?".
    The photos have gotton the attention of everyone from the Mechanical Engineers to Electrical Engineers.

Still, there are certainly many more women co-workers talking about the D Limo than the D Rex, and D Rex
    just came back from Hollywood. Maybe I need a wider sampling than just the Engineering Dept. at work.

Later,
    Rich W.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast