FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: DeLorean Limousine - Sketch to Stainless - Progress Photos

Banned

My VIN:    16510 and carbureted

Club(s):   (GCD) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Rich W View Post
    many of the women's questions have been "Will you be renting it out for weddings?"
    Do any of them need grooms and more importantly, are any of them hot?

My VIN:    A few, by name... DeLorean Monster Truck, DeLorean Roadster, DeLorean Hovercraft, DeLorean Limo

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Before getting back on topic, I doubt if any "need a groom" and out of the single women in the Engineering and Research Departments,
    including contractors and interns, there are a significant number that I would certainly put into the "hot" catagory, for consideration.

Regarding the "wedding" questions more directly, I beleive most of these women were asking for friends or family, not for themselves.

And NO, none of them need a ride to DCS 2012 (which I believe is an entirely different topic). That's it for this OT discussion.

Now, back on topic ...

My VIN:    A few, by name... DeLorean Monster Truck, DeLorean Roadster, DeLorean Hovercraft, DeLorean Limo

To help make the front of the DeLorean Limo look like a real car (and a real DeLorean), a new front fascia and new spoiler were needed.

Luckily, I had acquired many of these parts, a long time ago, from several sources, including a few original DMC dealership "parts buys".

Attached is a photo of the initial fitting of probably one of the last remaining NOS front fascias, yet to be installed on a DeLorean.

D-Limo-front-fascia-spoiler-on.jpg

As you may expect, great care was used in preparing the fascia hardware and performing the initial install of this very rare DeLorean part.

Add a new lower spoiler grille guard, new front spoiler and new front marker lights / turn signals, and the D Limo's "face" starts to appear.

Later,
    Rich W.

Let's see if you bastards can do 90. dvonk's Avatar

My VIN:    loading, please wait...

that is a razor-straight fascia! just out of curiosity, are you going to add "anti-eyebrow" reinforcements to keep it from warping?
    Obtain-O-Meter: 128%
    as of 2016/08/04
    0%|====|====|====|====|====50%====|====|====|====|====|100%

The short answer is no.

At this point in time, following one of my primary goals for the fabrication of the DeLorean Limo, I plan to try to keep
    as much of the assembly process as close as possible to early 1980's knowledge of the DeLorean Automobile.

I know this is a rather unrealistic goal (since I have not been using 30 year old trim adhesive, etc.), but I will try to
    keep as true as possible to the intent of my goal, using as many NOS parts as possible, to attempt to acheive a high
    percentage of the goal. The intent of my goal is to fabricate a DeLorean Limo that could have been fabricated very
    similarly back in the early 1980's, by either DMCL or by a private custom shop for DMCL, like Cars and Concepts, Inc.

If I decide to use the DeLorean Limo for more extensive road use or more outdoor displays than originally intended,
    I may decide to go back and do some reinforcement of the fascia. Or maybe a fiberglass fascia, at a future date?

Later,
    Rich W.

Quote Originally Posted by dvonk View Post
    that is a razor-straight fascia! just out of curiosity, are you going to add "anti-eyebrow" reinforcements to keep it from warping?

Presenting the DeLorean Limousine

Now for the photo most of you have been waiting to see ... the DeLorean Limo, from the front, looking like a complete car (well, maybe 88%).

D-Limo-full-front-with-bonnet-on.jpg

If the weather is good tomorrow (and not too windy), I will try to get the DeLorean Limo cleaned up a bit, open the huge 14ft x 14ft sliding door
    and pull it outside, to get some outdoor photos, at the current level of exterior completion. If it all works out, I will post a few here next week.

Since I may only be continuing work on the DeLorean Limo on the weekends for the next few weeks, I will get it covered back up between the
    work days, so that should help keep the farm dust off the vehicle between the work weekends.

Later,
    Rich W.

Certified Stainless!! Chris Burns's Avatar

My VIN:    Getting closer and closer...

Club(s):   (DCF)

Looks awesome Rich! Will this be at DCS?

Although it may only be 90% exterior complete, I do plan to have the DeLorean Limo on display at DCS 2012 in Orlando, FL.

I will be taking the "no mountains route" from Chicago, IL to Orlando, FL (which is a few hours longer), but much less wear
    on the transport vehicles, trailers, and of course, all of their tires, brakes, etc. and I am hoping for a "boring" transport.

I will be passing along a photo (soon) for Ken K. to post on the official DeLorean Car Show home page, as an announcement.

Later,
    Rich W.

Let's see if you bastards can do 90. dvonk's Avatar

My VIN:    loading, please wait...

Quote Originally Posted by Rich W View Post
    The short answer is no.

At this point in time, following one of my primary goals for the fabrication of the DeLorean Limo, I plan to try to keep
    as much of the assembly process as close as possible to early 1980's knowledge of the DeLorean Automobile.
    i completely understand; it almost seems wrong to alter something that is in such pristine NOS condition!
    Obtain-O-Meter: 128%
    as of 2016/08/04
    0%|====|====|====|====|====50%====|====|====|====|====|100%

Debut photo and details sent to Ken K.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast