FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: DeLorean Limousine - Sketch to Stainless - Progress Photos

My VIN:    01955

Quote Originally Posted by Rich W View Post
    Attaching photos of the DeLorean Limousine, with the doors closed, then with the doors open. Note: the current seat placement was only
    for space reference in the photos and it does not depict the final placement or orientation of the seats in the center section of the vehicle.

Attachment 9850

Attachment 9851

Later,
    Rich W.
    Looks awesome Rich! Coming along beautifully! This is your design and it looks fantastic! But have you considered putting in extra windows between the doors or even a glass roof between the doors? Looks very dark inside.

And looking at the side profile, looks very heavy (visually, not by wieght) by the large span of SS between the doors.

My VIN:    11596

Quote Originally Posted by SIMid View Post
    Looks awesome Rich! Coming along beautifully! This is your design and it looks fantastic! But have you considered putting in extra windows between the doors or even a glass roof between the doors? Looks very dark inside.
    Well, you don't want the sun shining on the stripper pole!
    Andy Lien

VIN 11596 Jan 1982 build - owned since Nov. 2000!
    Total frame-off restoration completed 2021-2023

Photography and Backpacking is life.

Was Fargo, ND
    Now Kansas City

My VIN:    A few, by name... DeLorean Monster Truck, DeLorean Roadster, DeLorean Hovercraft, DeLorean Limo

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Hi Simon,

I am not sure if you were viewing the progress of the DeLorean Limo project back in the DMCTalk.com days or not,
    but there was plenty of discussion about a sunroof and side windows, using the Version 1 sketch (back in the day).

Since the Version 2 sketch, I have considered either one or two smaller sunroofs and smaller side windows, but if one
    or more ideas are implemented, they will occur at a later date, unless other factors dictate adding them sooner.

As for the darkness inside, that may be due to most of the custom fiberglass sections being painted black, prior to
    the gray interior pieces to be installed. I am sure the gray interior will help to "brighten up" the interior quite a bit.

One of the difficulties of adding one or more sunroofs is the loss of ease of adjustability with the T-panels. Once a
    sunroof is added and the extended T-panel is modified, it pretty much needs to fit where the hole has been made.

I have some shapes and sizes of windows (and sunroofs) cut out of black vinyl that I may install, to help test the
    "look" of windows and sunroofs, but again, this is something that will be tried out later (maybe later this Summer?)

Later,
    Rich W.

BTW: I dismissed the idea of "trying out" different sizes and shapes of sunroofs and windows with PhotoShop, since
    there are already too many versions of PhotoShopped DeLorean Limos floating around the Internet for years.

Quote Originally Posted by SIMid View Post

And looking at the side profile, looks very heavy (visually, not by wieght) by the large span of SS between the doors.
    Last edited by Rich W; 05-08-2012 at 01:33 PM. Reason: added photoshop comment

My VIN:    3997

Awesome. Awesome. Awesome.
    Living The Dream Since 2005 - VIN#3997

LMAO @ The Stripper Pole quote!

I missed the start of the design stage of the Limo, so thanks for the recap!

You don't want to weaken the structure by cutting holes, especially in the roof sections. Speaking of sunroofs, you could always use these Rich.

http://www.museumofhoaxes.com/hoax/w...hesive_sunroof

You could always take some pics and photoshop black panels to see how she will look if there were dummy/tinted windows.

My VIN:    A few, by name... DeLorean Monster Truck, DeLorean Roadster, DeLorean Hovercraft, DeLorean Limo

While you caught Andy's Stripper Pole reference (thanks Andy), it appears you missed my last few lines in my previous post,
    about using adhesive blackout panels to simulate sunroof(s) and side panel window(s) ... similar to your link, and my second
    point, that I will not be using PhotoShop for any of my "development" work. (too many fake D Limo photos from the past).
    As mentioned previously, all my photos in this thread are actual photos ... none have been PhotoShopped.

As for the sunroof(s), the custom underbody roof structure was designed to allow for sunroof hole(s) to be cut into the roof
    and maintain the structural integrity of the underbody, especially in the "side walls", where the sunroof(s) would be installed.

Later,
    Rich W.

BTW: Another milestone this past weekend ... the D Limo was "moved" from the 36ft open trailer to the enclosed 32ft trailer,
    for the first "test fit" for the anticipated transport to Orlando, FL next month. (now to finish the D Limo and the 32ft trailer).
    Last edited by Rich W; 05-14-2012 at 02:48 PM. Reason: added enclosed trailer test fit comment

Planning to add a few more photos, but I thought I would start with the last photo taken of the D Limo at DCS 2012,
    just prior to the car being loaded back into the trailer for its ride home. Thanks to my brother Rob for driving my F350
    with the 32ft enclosed trailer, to transport the DeLorean Limo, to and from DCS from the Chicago area, a long drive.

D-Limo-loading.jpg

Later,
    Rich W.

Another view of the DeLorean Limousine, at DCS 2012, in front of the Hilton in Lake Buena Vista, FL.

There were several areas in front of the Hilton that I was able to get Palm Trees in the background,
    including this photo of the D Limo, as it was being moved (manually) to the Convention Center.

D-Limo-Palms-at-Hilton.jpg

Later,
    Rich W.

Rich, any interior pics? Or I shouldn't ask? (still in progress?)

SIMid,

The DeLorean Limo doors were kept closed until noon on Saturday (during the actual car show). In short, not too much special to see ... yet.

I had planned to allow Kevin Abato do a full photo shoot of the D Limo on Saturday morning, but he was tied up with other aspects of the show.
    By the time noon rolled around, it was a bit too busy around the vehicle to allow Kevin to get his shots, while trying to keep everyone else out
    of the car (especially anyone who did not ask before sitting in it to get interior photos or those allowing their kids to jump in it without asking).
    I am sure Kevin will post a few of the interior shots he took Saturday afternoon, as well as other exterior photos, with all the doors open.

Again, not too much to see ... yet. For the DCS 2012 show, the front driver compartment area was basically stock, late 1981 gray interior.
    The rear passenger compartment area had dark gray charcoal carpet and stock gray seats (4), some with better OEM seat covers than others.
    The sides and roof sections of the rear passenger compartment area were either bare (raw) fiberglass finish or painted (black) fiberglass finish.
    At least one set of gray "folding jump seats" will be added between the seats by the center doors and the seats by the rear-most set of doors.

If some interior photos of the D Limo do not surface here (get posted) within the next week or so, I will take some next week and post them.

Later,
    Rich W.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast