FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Very interesting painted Delorean coming up for sale in Charlotte in Sept.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacko View Post
    Attached is the sticker for 16647. I actually paid $34,500.00 for her and she was worth every penny.
    Correction: there may have been D's selling for higher than I originally thought, but your sticker still proves BS. The MSRP is $32,832, and this guy is claiming $31,375 is the highest anyone's ever paid. Obviously you paid more.

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

One thing I have learnt from this website is no matter how fervently you believe something about this car, someone will produce a document that shows something different 😉
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

Certified Stainless!! Chris Burns's Avatar

My VIN:    Getting closer and closer...

Club(s):   (DCF)

Update:

This Delorean is going on sale this Thursday. Lets see what it sells for. I'm thinking in the 12k to 15k range. It seems to be in excellent shape, but the truth lies in the details! Almost makes me want a painted Delorean.

Usually sticker price is where you start the negociations, window sticker is already on the vehicle before you get there, so it can not show what you actually paid for the vehicle.

LEVY
    I would work extra hard at whatever I was doing to become so good at it and that I would never have to kiss anyone's fanny to keep my job. And I never have and I never will.

John Z. De Lorean

My VIN:    04915

I remember this birthday well ...

Quote Originally Posted by LEVY View Post
    Usually sticker price is where you start the negociations, window sticker is already on the vehicle before you get there, so it can not show what you actually paid for the vehicle.

LEVY
    The dealer, Vickery Chevrolet in Greenville, MS called saying he had just received a truck with 5 Deloreans on it ... 3 automatics and 2 standards and one of them was mine. It was July 18, my birthday! I had been over there talking about it a few weeks earlier. I put the phone down and raced over there. We didn't dicker. He offered me a 4 year lease with no warranty which I took. When the lease was up I bought the car.
    Interestingly, adding the lease payments and the residual together came to $34,500.00, $400 or so more than the sticker. I have receipts ...
    Last edited by Jacko; 09-20-2012 at 05:45 PM.
    Jack Skeens

Quote Originally Posted by Jacko View Post
    The dealer, Vickery Chevrolet in Greenville, MS called saying he had just received a truck with 5 Deloreans on it ... 3 automatics and 2 standards and one of them was mine. It was July 18, my birthday! I had been over there talking about it a few weeks earlier. I put the phone down and raced over there. We didn't dicker. He offered me a 4 year lease with no warranty which I took. When the lease was up I bought the car.
    Interestingly, adding the lease payments and the residual together came to $34,500.00, $400 or so more than the sticker. I have receipts ...
    $400.00 over sticker price, after your lease was over, is not a bad deal at all!

That changes everything!

LEVY
    I would work extra hard at whatever I was doing to become so good at it and that I would never have to kiss anyone's fanny to keep my job. And I never have and I never will.

John Z. De Lorean

My VIN:    06960

Quote Originally Posted by LEVY View Post
    $400.00 over sticker price, after your lease was over, is not a bad deal at all!

That changes everything!

LEVY
    Yes, thats really a damn good deal considering the interest rates at that time. If you had bought it outright with a car loan you'd of paid a lot more than that.

Unless of course you bought the car at the end of the lease with a loan.
    Jim Reeve
    DMC6960

D-Status: - Getting some Spring exercise

Car goes on sale tomorrow. Lets see what it will bring!

I am not sure but to me that interior looks great! If I couldnt find a good silver D i could settle for that. But if I see this D driving round in public some one will die...
    http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_5tY-XfbgJe...+DeLorean2.jpg

I went on the auction webpage and couldn't get the results

He is another look at it when it was at another dealer.

http://vintagecarsandsuch.com/81Delorean.htm

Apparently someone bought it from them, kept it awhile and resold it this past weekend.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2