FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Barrington - Best of Britain Road Rally - July 9, 2011

My VIN:    A few, by name... DeLorean Monster Truck, DeLorean Roadster, DeLorean Hovercraft, DeLorean Limo

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Barrington - Best of Britain Road Rally - July 9, 2011

The Barrington Concours has invited all DeLorean owners to participate in their Best of Britain Road Rally
    this year, so if you are interested in attending, please contact Rich Weissensel for a club discount entry
    form. The Barrington Concours has also invited a DeLorean to participate as a "Special Display" at the
    Concours, to help us celebrate the 30th Anniversary of the Production DeLorean automobile. We are
    very thankful to be invited to this "Invitation Only" event that is normally open to only pre-1973 vehicles.
    The Rally is on Saturday (all cars welcome). Complete details: http://www.barringtonconcours.org/

For more details about any DeLorean Midwest Connection club events, check out the DMC Club website
    at: http://www.deloreanmidwest.com or Contact Rich Weissensel: [email protected]

My VIN:    6635

This looks like a great one. A guy we hire to take product photos at work told me about this and is going to be there on a hired photo shoot. He was going to work on a pass for me but sounds like it won't be needed.

I'm a most likely for this one.

My VIN:    A few, by name... DeLorean Monster Truck, DeLorean Roadster, DeLorean Hovercraft, DeLorean Limo

Hi Rich R. (and others lurking),

The Road Rally on Saturday, July 9th is "open to the public" and you can basically
    view cars from about anywhere on the route for free (route secret until Saturday).

However, to participate in the Road Rally and park with all the other participants
    at the designated stops, you do need to pay the $75 per car fee (goes to charity).

If enough interest from the DMC Club, I can get the price down to $50 per car
    (club discount) and you do not need to drive your DeLorean (although preferred).

The Concours on Sunday is $200 per person, so a V.I.P. pass may be for Sunday,
    to view the Concours cars and of course, the 5-star, 5-course meal provided.

Again, all proceeds go to charity, so it can all be written off.

Later,
    Rich W.

Well I'm definitely interested in Saturday's event. And if I'm there, it will definitely be in the DMC.

Now that I have power back in the house and the weather may be clearing it, it's time to pull the cover off and go for a spin!

Ready to Roll...

With less than 48 hours to go until the Best of Britain Road Rally on Saturday,
    it looks like we may have about a half dozen DeLoreans participating.

If there is anyone still interested in getting in on the reduced club rate of $50
    please contact me before 6pm tonight, so I can get you pre-registered.

Road Rally includes Continental Breakfast and a huge, after rally lunch for all
    who participate in the rally (and in the scavenger hunt along the way).

If you rather bring the whole family in the mini-van, that's OK too, since it is
    $50 per car, so load them up and bring them all out.

Look here for some post-event photos, sometime next week.

Later,
    Rich W.

A little shine (box) action prior to the Rally. Looking forward to tomorrow!
    Attached Images

Awesome event! Really cool course and lots of new and old cars to check out. Including four DeLoreans.

Thanks, Rich, for organizing!
    Attached Images

And a few quick shots of vin 520 and a few other cars at the Concours.
    Attached Images

JJ Freaky Fast Delivery - in a Time Machine

Great photos Rich...adding a couple more...one before and one after the Rally.

Yeah, I put Tom Sedor (aka Marty McFly) up to the second photo. (my idea)

What can be more Freaky Fast than getting your sub before you order it (lol).

rally-roll-out.jpg

tom-jj-job.jpg

Later,
    Rich W.

Road Rally Start and Finsh photos

Adding Starting Line and Finish Line photos...taken by Tom Sedor.

BarringtonRallyStart.jpg

BarringtonRallyFinish.jpg

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast