FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: locations of the Delorean prototypes

My VIN:    05141

locations of the Delorean prototypes

Hi,

The Delorean mules / prototypes and pilot cars interst me. I am currently writing an article in the Dutch Delorean magazine about this. There is quite some information to find. There are about 25 of those cars made from simple mock ups, to fibre glass paneled cars in various colors, and painted SS panel cars.
    Some made it to todays existance. Proto one is safely at DMC in Florida, Pilot 20 is restored, and for sale at PJgrady in the UK and Ken also has one of the pilot cars. some were destroyed and one was at the back yard of a Lotus employee. It was discovered after he passed away. The car was is such bad condition it was destroyed. The 50K mile test car is at the museum in Belfast, but are there some Lotus survivor cars out there?
    Anyone has some ideas about some of these cars still being somewhere? There may me some of these still on either side of the Atlantic..

John

Steering with power

My VIN:    1569

Club(s):   (DOI)

Hi John,
    Im sure you have seen the below link, but here it is just in case.
    Chris Nicholson would be the man to talk to.
    He also owns Pilot 19.
    Pilot 25 is now in the Rep. of Ireland

http://pjgrady.co.uk//GenericContent...ilot_Cars.html

Proto 1 is now in Ohio, the Visoneering Car is in a private collection in Coldwater, MI.
    "your delusions are yours and not mine!"

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

And of course this one Jan/John

D9

http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?11...ighlight=pilot
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

My VIN:    01643

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Proto 1 is owned by Cliff S. here in Cincinnati/Lebanon OH.

Pilot 21 is joint owned by Cliff S. and Ken K. here in Cincinnati/Lebanon OH. Still needs more restoration.

My VIN:    3299

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas R View Post
    Proto 1 is owned by Cliff S. here in Cincinnati/Lebanon OH.

Pilot 21 is joint owned by Cliff S. and Ken K. here in Cincinnati/Lebanon OH. Still needs more restoration.
    Is Pilot 21 the one at Ken K's shop...?

If so, doesn't Cliff also have a unique lil' DeLorean nearly torn down to just the fiberglass underbody across the parking lot from his shop in the room where all his spare tires are?
    DMCTalk.org Moderator

Actual snippet of a conversation from Sept 2013:

Me: Eddie, I can't wait to get the car back when you're done with it.

Eddie: Yeah, you'll be able to give the car gas, and it won't be - like - embarrassing....

Quote Originally Posted by DeLorean03 View Post
    Is Pilot 21 the one at Ken K's shop...?

If so, doesn't Cliff also have a unique lil' DeLorean nearly torn down to just the fiberglass underbody across the parking lot from his shop in the room where all his spare tires are?
    You may have to be more specific about Cliff's cars, he's got quite a few, lol. I think he has 2 stripped down to tubs right now. One was his first car that the SS frame was originally meant for (before he was torn whether or not he could put a body on it). The other is a car that he bought because it came with a SS frame.

Yes the one next to the paint booth at Kens is Pilot 21. It's in quite a few pieces right now...
    Last edited by Nicholas R; 08-24-2012 at 04:09 PM.

My VIN:    3299

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas R View Post
    You may have to be more specific about Cliff's cars, he's got quite a few, lol. I think he has 2 stripped down to tubs right now. One was his first car that the SS frame was originally meant for (before he was torn whether or not he could put a body on it). The other is a car that he bought because it came with a SS frame.

Yes the one next to the paint booth at Kens is Pilot 21. It's in quite a few pieces right now...
    Quite a few pieces??? It's like a stainless steel Jeep D: ...

Yeah, I'll have to go to the area at Cliff's I'm thinking of and point out the car to you. I can't remember right off the top the story behind it. The car I'm thinking of is RIGHT outside the nextdoor room where he has literally hundreds of parts on shelves

I'll show you next time we go to Cliff's :P.
    DMCTalk.org Moderator

Actual snippet of a conversation from Sept 2013:

Me: Eddie, I can't wait to get the car back when you're done with it.

Eddie: Yeah, you'll be able to give the car gas, and it won't be - like - embarrassing....

Yea that's the car that cliff got with the second SS frame (the one that is now built up). If I recall correctly he got the car in pieces, mid project.

And yea 21 needs work.... I think it has no SS panels on right on. And all the panels are specific to the car with their own little quirks.

Quote Originally Posted by john 05141 View Post
    The 50K mile test car is at the museum in Belfast
    I believe you're thinking of VIN 514, located in the Ulster Folk Transport museum in Northern Ireland. None of the 50,000 mile test pilots (D11, D13, D14, D15, and D24, if I'm reading PJ Grady UK right) are in museums in Ireland as far as I can tell.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast