FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: locations of the Delorean prototypes

My VIN:    4 Seater DMC24

Club(s):   (DMA)

Quote Originally Posted by EMDF View Post
    I believe you're thinking of VIN 514, located in the Ulster Folk Transport museum in Northern Ireland. None of the 50,000 mile test pilots (D11, D13, D14, D15, and D24, if I'm reading PJ Grady UK right) are in museums in Ireland as far as I can tell.
    No, John is right. The car is the Ulster Folk and transport is one of the cars used for the 50k tests. I don't think the pilot cars were used for that.

Quote Originally Posted by dmcjohn View Post
    No, John is right. The car is the Ulster Folk and transport is one of the cars used for the 50k tests. I don't think the pilot cars were used for that.
    That's what I was saying. This thread is for prototypes (i.e. pilots), but I believe the one he's thinking of is VIN 514, which does not fit in that category. Unless you consider 500-series DeLoreans prototypes, and even though I own one, I personally don't. There were some prototypes used in the 50K tests, but none in museums as far as I can tell. Unless I misunderstood what you're saying?

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

I think you are both saying the same thing
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

My VIN:    4 Seater DMC24

Club(s):   (DMA)

Quote Originally Posted by EMDF View Post
    That's what I was saying. This thread is for prototypes (i.e. pilots), but I believe the one he's thinking of is VIN 514, which does not fit in that category. Unless you consider 500-series DeLoreans prototypes, and even though I own one, I personally don't. There were some prototypes used in the 50K tests, but none in museums as far as I can tell. Unless I misunderstood what you're saying?
    Sorry, just noticed your reply.

Are you sure they used pilot cars for the 50k tests? I thought they only used 2 cars for that, one of which crashed before completion - thereby making 514 (the one on display in NI) the only 50k test car.

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

I thought they only used 2 cars for that, one of which crashed before completion - .
    +1
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

Are you sure they used pilot cars for the 50k tests? I thought they only used 2 cars for that, one of which crashed before completion - thereby making 514 (the one on display in NI) the only 50k test car
    According to PJ Grady UK, D13, D14, D15 and D24 were all used for 50,000 mile testing, although only D24 was driven on public roads in the same way VIN 514 was. I don't know how many, if any, of these pilots still survive today, in whole or in part, but there were at least other D's used. I'm thinking john 05141 may have confused D24 with VIN 514, which is what I was getting at.

My VIN:    05141

I am trying to find out how this was exactely. This article is due in a few weeks. It will be in Dutch unfortunately If I have the time I will make a translation and post it here.
    But I want to thank you all for your input!

John

Steering with power

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2