FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14

Thread: Wanted: DMOCO Manual Shift Plate

My VIN:    01643

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmyvonviggle View Post
    Nick I meant people buying this don't really need it and they could have gone the cheaper route of buying the original leather wrap. But if they do decide to spend their money they should know what they are getting.
    Got ya, I see what you're mean and I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by DMOCO Rick View Post
    This Shift Plate is the same pattern we were making in 2007. If you buy it, and are unhappy, you can return it.

Thanks,

Rick
    DMOCO.com
    Rick, I have to be honest then. If the shift plate being sold is the same as the one in 2007 and it's the more open version, then why the hell do you have this photo on your site?!:

Please understand that it is extremely misleading and frustrating being a customer that wants the product you describe and advertise, but not the product you actually provide.

Luckily on DMCTalk, we're able to see the actual product, but what about the people that buy off the website expecting it to look like whats on the site?

Same thing goes for the polished shifter knob. If you're going to sell polished shifter knobs that's fine (there's probably even a market), just show a photo of a polished shifter, not a brushed one as is shown here:

A business model should not be that they send the customer something different than what they advertise, but they justify it because the customer can send it back if they dont like it. That is ridiculously inconvenient and frustrating. Just post a picture of, and describe what you're actually selling.

I was a person who got on the preorder list, found out about the wide open design, got off the preorder list, then almost got back on the preorder list when I found out the '2007 version' was being sold because I assumed it was what was on the website, then out of instinct deciding instead to wait and see what was actually being sold before purchasing. Now I'm glad I did not get back on the list, because it is clearly not what is being advertised.

I'm sure I'm not the only one that feels this way either.
    Last edited by Nicholas R; 12-03-2012 at 07:15 PM.

My VIN:    6679

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas R View Post
    I was a person who got on the preorder list, found out about the wide open design, got off the preorder list, then almost got back on the preorder list when I found out the '2007 version' was being sold because I assumed it was what was on the website, then out of instinct deciding instead to wait and see what was actually being sold before purchasing. Now I'm glad I did not get back on the list, because it is clearly not what is being advertised.

I'm sure I'm not the only one that feels this way either.
    Definitely not alone!
    Chris

Senior Member - Owner since 2003 Patrick C's Avatar

My VIN:    1880

Club(s):   (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas R View Post
    Man the shift pattern still just looks too wide open to me. :/
    Agreed. I would rather spend more time tweaking the linkage and having the original style/tighter gate. The new one is way too wide open.
    Patrick C.
    VIN 1880

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick C View Post
    Agreed. I would rather spend more time tweaking the linkage and having the original style/tighter gate. The new one is way too wide open.
    That's what happens when you try to dress up our silly little cars and "play Ferrari".
    1-800-273-8255

Guys,
    Our intention was not to deceive you. Our website had old pictures from when we first made these shift plates. We sold the plates with the current pictures for 3 years, without anyone saying anything. I've updated the pictures to reflect the current Shift plate "Gate" opening. You may have to hit refresh on your browsers to show them. The slow sales and some returns on these kits show that you guys haven't been too happy, and I can't blame you. I hope you see we are trying to correct the issue.

DMOCO.com

Thanks,

Rick
    DMOCO

My VIN:    3028

I received my shifter plate and ball today and here is my review;

Overall I am happy with it, but there are a few ways it can be better. The good is it comes well packaged with straight forward instructions, and installation takes no more than 5 minutes.

What I didn't like is that the ball is polished and the plate is grained. I would have liked them to match, either way I didn't care but felt they should match.

While the shift pattern is open, the addition of a rubber boot ( for lack of a better term) underneath finishes off the plate well. However the way our cars go when you shift in 2nd or 4th gear the stick just barely goes inside its slot. They should have made those two slots higher to catch the stick better.

So like I said I am more happy with it than not, but the ball does bug me.
    Last edited by Jimmyvonviggle; 12-11-2012 at 01:48 PM.

My VIN:    01643

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmyvonviggle View Post
    I received my shifter plate and ball today and here is my review;

Overall I am happy with it, but there are a few ways it can be better. The good is it comes well packaged with straight forward instructions, and installation takes no more than 5 minutes.

What I didn't like is that the ball is polished and the plate is grained. I would have liked them to match, either way I didn't care but felt they should match.

While the shift pattern is open, the addition of a rubber boot ( for lack of a better term) underneath finishes off the plate well. However the way our cars go when you shift in 2nd or 4th gear the stick just barely goes inside its slot. They should have made those two slots higher to catch the stick better.

So like I said I am more happy with it than not, but the ball does bug me.
    If the shifter goes into the slots of 2nd and 4th a different amount than it goes into 1st and 3rd, then you should adjust your shifter linkage. The solid linkage can be extended and contracted to adjust the forward and aft positioning of the shifter.

My VIN:    3028

Ok. I'll probably let Dave S do that when he gets my car.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14