FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Check Out #4485, What do you think?

I believe $13000.00 is a good starting point.

For a transmission to be so clean, I believe it was full of oil before it was power washed, otherwise it wouldn't be so clean and shiny. This engine/transmission is probably leaking oil somewhere.

This vehicle is a high mileage car, I believe.

Over all, this seems to be a good vehicle if you have $6000.00 / $8000.00 set aside for restoration.

LEVY
    I would work extra hard at whatever I was doing to become so good at it and that I would never have to kiss anyone's fanny to keep my job. And I never have and I never will.

John Z. De Lorean

My VIN:    16951

Club(s):   (DCO) (DOA) (DCUK)

Electric compartment is a bit messy

Certified Stainless!! Chris Burns's Avatar

My VIN:    Getting closer and closer...

Club(s):   (DCF)

Example of a Delorean that hasn't been touched for awhile, but a good starter car for someone!

My VIN:    16951

Club(s):   (DCO) (DOA) (DCUK)

Yes, a good winter project!

My VIN:    6125

12 or 13k sounds about right to me. The frame and suspension look awesome... almost completely rust free and would really clean up nice.

The mechanical and cosmetic issues list seems to be pretty long though.... Whoever buys it will have a nice project of fixing and replacing a lot of parts.

I've never seen a muffler delete like that on a DeLorean before with the cat still intact.

My friends think I'm nuts jawn101's Avatar

My VIN:    02100

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

I gotta say I've become very conscious of the T-panel/door alignment and you're right, those panels look amazing.

There's a lot to love about that car! It would be a great candidate for someone like Chris...
    Jon
    1981 DMC-12 #02100. July 1981. 5-speed, black, grooved w/flap.
    restoration log, March 2011 to present
    full and detailed photo restoration log

My VIN:    1768

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas R View Post

The driver seat to me doesn't mean it was driven; usually means that it was indeed in the sun a LOT and that the driver side of the car was the most affected. That vinyl will literally tear itself apart if it dries out and sits in the sun for a long time.

Lack of muffler is indeed odd. Honestly I think someone took it to a muffler shop because they wanted it to sound better an this was their solution.

Exactly, The Po wanted it to sound "mean" I do wonder if the old muffler is still stilling in the garage somewhere, that would save a few hundred bucks

As for the fading, If you note the black trim on the quarter panel is not super faded. Its possible that the car sat in a garage next to a window that got alot of sun on the driver side only.

My VIN:    1768

Looking again at the custom exhaust, I see stock exhaust tips and the inlet U bend, so Im sure the factory muffler was cut up to make the straight pipes, damn.
    From my other estimations of required parts, Ive complied a $6K list that would address all the issues Ive mentioned. I think with all that sorted the car would be a solid $20-23K car that will only need regular use and maintenance. However if something else major comes up, then the owner is looking at having putting in alot more money than the car is work. One could go wild with the interior repairs and spend a small fortune to make it like new, but that wont be necessary to make it a solid driver.

So are there any seriously interested parties?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2