FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 2012 Norcross British Car Fayre

My VIN:    5302

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Soundkillr View Post
    Again, if the weather holds out I'm good leaving early. I'll call you Friday or call me, maybe we can meet near 985?
    What time do you want to get there, to get good spots?
    You are right about the weather. In good ol' "when you have something planned for outdoors" fashion, Saturday has the worst forecast right now of the next few upcoming days. Hopefully it will stay dry, as it's a really nice show. I've never been there at the beginning before (just stopped by in the afternoon last year), but I'm guessing arriving at 10 would get us a good choice of spaces.
    Derek L
    VIN 5302

My VIN:    500 ft pounds torque.

Why car shows are always scheduled for hurricane season is boyond me. Rains every show I wanna go to. As I said, if forecasting rain, I'm out.....
    Soundkillr was here.

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Well, it is a British car show, so rain and drizzle is necessary to complete the atmosphere
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

My VIN:    3750

Quote Originally Posted by Dangermouse View Post
    Well, it is a British car show, so rain and drizzle is necessary to complete the atmosphere
    Ha, thats a good one Dermot.

Mike S.

Ben told me he's out tomorrow. Is anyone else planning on bringing their car? I only ask so that if I get there first, I can tell them to expect x-number more DeLoreans and hopefully they'll keep the spaces open next to me.
    Derek L
    VIN 5302

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Nope, not me.
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

My VIN:    3750

Derek, I will not be bringing the D.

Mike S.

Interesting weather this morning. Not exactly what I was expecting..... wet but drying up ground, and totally clear sky.
    Well, packing up my stuff and getting ready to leave for the show. Still bringing an umbrella, rag and SS polish just in case.
    Last edited by DL4567; 09-08-2012 at 09:33 AM.
    Derek L
    VIN 5302

Really nice show, had a great time. Would have been perfect if it wasn't for that stinking rain. My wife said it didn't rain at all in Buford, and I laughed and told her that it sure %&$@*ing rained in Norcross. (Ben, you would have been very unhappy). The first heavy rain was just a temporary setback, because everything resumed after that. But after I was alone it started raining again at 2:15 and then just would *not* stop. After waiting for 30-40+ minutes under an awning and then inside a coffee shop, I finally gave up and had to go out there, still in medium-light rain and open the door and trunk, toss in the wet umbrella and the 2 sopping wet folding chairs, and get in and try to dry everything off. Miserable. So getting out of there was kind of frustrating, but I still thoroughly enjoyed everything before that. Oh BTW, holy crap my car leaks water like there's no tomorrow. I swear it didn't used to be this bad, but it was dripping in, in 3 different places, just from sitting still. Not even driving down the road.

Got to talk to a great variety of a lot of friendly people, and the attention on the car was strong and constant. Felt like it was hard to talk to everyone, because there were so many comments and questions. #1 question of the day, "what was the deal with that guy and the cocaine?"

Thanks to all you guys who came out to visit. I sure appreciated the company!
    Derek L
    VIN 5302

My VIN:    500 ft pounds torque.

Ya, I'm bummed the weather wasn't nice. Derek, you're correct, I woulda flipped out, when I got rained on. I would hate to re detail the bottom of this car.....
    Soundkillr was here.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast