FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: North Carolina Tech session (Lexington/Triad area)-October 13th, 2012 (Saturday)

My VIN:    3472 (former), 1141

Club(s):   (RMDG) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Iznodmad View Post
    So should I also put a (+1D) next to Mike Babb now?
    How about (+1W, +1D?)

+ one wife, and maybe a DeLorean if it makes it to this side of the country in time.
    Michael Babb

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    Steve Rice submitted his request for time off from work for this trip and it looks like it will be approved. Its a 13 hour drive so Steve Rice will be taking off work Thursday/Friday before and Monday/Tuesday after. He plans to take his time and enjoy the trip. This should be a nice little road trip for Steve Rice to enjoy his Motorcraft 2100 carburetor.
    I would like to wish Steve Rice a good trip in Steve Rice's DeLorean. I hope Steve Rice enjoys his journey and that Steve Rice returns home safe and sound.
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

Nit-picking customer(as seen on TV) Iznodmad's Avatar

My VIN:    #5000 (Grey, manual, SS chassis, intercooled twin turbo), #16128 (Grey, auto, efi twin turbo), #888

Club(s):   (DCVA) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

This weeks updates.

Confirmed:
    Me-2D
    Kevin-1D
    Dick-1D
    Brandon-1D
    Todd-1D
    Tom-1D
    Bill L-1D
    Mike
    Steve Miller-1D
    DPI Josh
    Trevor-1D(your tires have been ordered)
    James(thirdmanj)-1D
    Chris(TripleZeroFilms)-1D
    Mike Babb+Wife-maybe 1D
    Steve Rice-1D
    Don-1D

Maybe/TBD:
    Walter F-1D
    Worth M-1D
    Jim E-??

Don is the most recent addition. He is having trouble with a seal at the transmission shaft or something? I wasn't sure what he was talking about but I did ask him to contact Josh directly concerning parts needed to fix this issue.

I also want to add (not sure that I did before) that I need some help replacing my power mast antenna on #16128. I have the part, just need help from someone who has done it before. I have also been watching this intermittent angle drive (dust cap) issue. On some mornings for the first five minutes of driving I will have a bouncing speedo needle and then all is normal for the rest of the day. The dust cap has always been loose and I presume after driving some the heat will help it to stay better in place, thus bouncing stops. I am fairly certain it is just a faulty dust cap, so when you read this Josh how about bringing an angle drive dust cap with you.

I couldn't help but notice the SEDOC group is planning a tech day on the exact same day as mine. I encourage you guys to join our meet instead, it would be great to have you! It is not too late for anyone to join, just add your name to the thread and what you would like help with and we'll add it to the list. Thanks!

Banned

My VIN:    16510 and carbureted

Club(s):   (GCD) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Iznodmad View Post
    I couldn't help but notice the SEDOC group is planning a tech day on the exact same day as mine. I encourage you guys to join our meet instead, it would be great to have you!
    Steve Rice noticed the same thing. It is sort of ironic because Steve will be driving through Atlanta on his way to Lexington, NC.

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    It is sort of ironic because Steve will be driving through Atlanta on his way to Lexington, NC.
    Steve who???

Banned

My VIN:    16510 and carbureted

Club(s):   (GCD) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    Steve who???
    Steve Rice

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    Steve who???
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

Nit-picking customer(as seen on TV) Iznodmad's Avatar

My VIN:    #5000 (Grey, manual, SS chassis, intercooled twin turbo), #16128 (Grey, auto, efi twin turbo), #888

Club(s):   (DCVA) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

2 weeks away! CONFIRM PARTS ORDERS!

Hey folks, just a friendly reminder that we are roughly two weeks away from the main event. I haven't forgot about those that need addresses and directions, I will get to that. I have been looking over the past few pages and trying to figure out who needs what.

James-Brake job, adjust E brake, Front wheel bearings

Kevin- A/C diagnosis

Chris- idle speed motor, interior work (seats/headliner/side bolster), front tires and alignment

Brandon-Do you have your parts and what do you want fixed!

Steve Miller-tires or not? They have not been ordered yet.

If I left you out, it's probably b/c you have been taken care of. For example, Trevor has his tires on order, so I didn't list that.

PLEASE, if you have not done so and you wish to order parts from Josh, you have to do so immediately. The window is getting slim to allow him enough time to make sure he has what you need. Also, if you wish to have Josh do something specific to your car, you have to request it here and NOW. I don't want anyone getting upset b/c they didn't get time with him to look over or fix your car. I'm not trying to be mean or hateful, it is just getting down to crunch time and I want all of this squared away without someone crying in a corner.

Thanks and looking forward to it!

The only thing i can really spend money on now since im not working is that mode switch for the AC, I guess thats what i might need to get the air blowing back out of the two front vents again? Theres plenty things my car needs done but i dont have money to throw at it as of now lol

Certified Stainless!! Chris Burns's Avatar

My VIN:    Getting closer and closer...

Club(s):   (DCF)

How is your brake booster holding up Brandon?

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast