FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: North Carolina Tech session (Lexington/Triad area)-October 13th, 2012 (Saturday)

Nit-picking customer(as seen on TV) Iznodmad's Avatar

My VIN:    #5000 (Grey, manual, SS chassis, intercooled twin turbo), #16128 (Grey, auto, efi twin turbo), #888

Club(s):   (DCVA) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

North Carolina Tech session (Lexington/Triad area)-October 13th, 2012 (Saturday)

Well, it is that time again. As some of you will recall, I like to hold tech sessions twice a year. I did not have one this past spring for various reasons, but now I am ready to have one this fall. I have picked the date of October 13th for the tech session. Historically, it has been held at my house with a start time of around noon. If enough interest is shown, I can "rent" a local tire shop and have full use of car lifts and can even get the owner to do some tire work if anyone needs it (new tires, balancing, etc.). So, now it is time to guage interest. Please post if you can make it for sure (with or without a DMC), or if you are a maybe, and any guests you may bring with you. Please also post with any projects you have that we could work on, especially if you want tires. As usual, I will provide food and beverage at no charge. There is no official end time either.

Certified Stainless!! Chris Burns's Avatar

My VIN:    Getting closer and closer...

Club(s):   (DCF)

You the man Darren!

President, DeLorean Industries

My VIN:    5646,5080, 5880, 10234, 3639, 2518, 10586, 1538

DPI can attend if you want Darren!
    www.deloreanindustries.com Every Detail Matters

My VIN:    3472 (former)

Club(s):   (DCVA) (DCUK)

I'm down with that! I currently have no projects in mind, I'm in the middle of finishing up a few right now, but I'll post if something comes up.

Also, having DPI there would be awesome! Especially if there is stainless repair involved, then I have a project.

President, DeLorean Industries

My VIN:    5646,5080, 5880, 10234, 3639, 2518, 10586, 1538

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    I'm down with that! I currently have no projects in mind, I'm in the middle of finishing up a few right now, but I'll post if something comes up.

Also, having DPI there would be awesome! Especially if there is stainless repair involved, then I have a project.
    What do you need repaired!? If you can send pictures that would be great! [email protected]
    www.deloreanindustries.com Every Detail Matters

My VIN:    16867

Count me in!

I have had the luxury of attending more than one tech session with Josh. Amazing what gets accomplished. I am no longer in the Rocky Mountains . . .I am now living in Hendersonville, NC. As of yesterday, I drove my DeLorean back from Steamboat Springs, CO. . . . . .1633 miles in 2.5 days! Count me in for whatever is planned. I am looking forward to meeting NC DeLorean owners!

Dick Ryan (The Rad Dad)

About me: A really old fart. Bought first D new in 1982 just before JZD got busted. Traded it in (70,000+miles later) to Rob Grady for 16867 in 1997. Still have 16867 which is an '83' with twin turbo's. Now have over 140,000 on it. Have driven a D on 42 states and 3 Canadian provinces. I am not very mechanically inclined . . .but that has not stopped me from truly enjoying my D.

About the car: A Consolidated car with one previous owner. Traded my first D for it because I moved from L.A. to the mountains of CO and its' auto just didn't cut the mountain passes. (My old D is now Dave Delman's non-electric D.) I'm not a purist ; have chromed wheels, upgraded sound system, some engine bling . . . . .but, then, I may be old . . .but not dead.

Please keep me posted!

Nit-picking customer(as seen on TV) Iznodmad's Avatar

My VIN:    #5000 (Grey, manual, SS chassis, intercooled twin turbo), #16128 (Grey, auto, efi twin turbo), #888

Club(s):   (DCVA) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Wow, this is coming along nicely. Kevin, it will be great to have you again, hopefully this time with your car! Josh, I am sure everyone would be grateful if you could make the trip here for a gathering. I talked with a local owner today with multiple issues that could use your help. Dick, great to hear you are a NC resident now. I think we met about a decade ago at one of those Houston open house events. I know a couple of owners up in that general Asheville area. It is a couple hours drive from that area, easy drive.

My VIN:    16867

Glad to be here

Hope to hear from some NC D owners before the tech session. I have friends in Asheville and it is a very short drive from Hendersonville. I will be attending the Western North Carolina British Car Club gathering in Hendersonville on Sept 19th. I'm looking forward to an active involvement in anything DeLorean.

Location:  Burnsville MN-Moving to Kalispell MT. in June 20111

My VIN:    2691

Dick Ryan

Dick! Your still around! Good to hear the car is still rolling. We had some great trips together. Kate and I have moved up to Kalispell, MT. If your ever in the area, stop in. Paul Cerny

[P.S.] Be sure to ask Dick about his impossible bike trips!]

Like i said on facebook as of now count me in!

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast