FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: DeLorean Monster Truck - the D Rex

My VIN:    04194: 5-Speed, Black Int, 79 Peugeot 604 Manifold, 05052: 5-Speed, Gray Int, 78 Peugeot 604 manifol

I remember when I first heard about D-Rex in 1999 or so. There was one picture floating around the internet, which many of us thought was just somebody having fun with Photoshop (or whatever software existed at that time). Kudos to Rich for all that he has done to D-Rex since he acquired it!

My VIN:    A few, by name... DeLorean Monster Truck, DeLorean Roadster, DeLorean Hovercraft, DeLorean Limo

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    I remember when I first heard about D-Rex in 1999 or so. There was one picture floating around the internet, which many of us thought was just somebody having fun with Photoshop (or whatever software existed at that time). Kudos to Rich for all that he has done to D-Rex since he acquired it!
    I do recall seeing the "faxed" version of the DeLorean 4x4 photo floating around after the DOA Convention in 1997 (IIRC).

Not sure if it was a copy of the photo from the back pages of a car magazine or not, but it might be the same photo as below:

c&d-delorean-4x4.jpg
    Last edited by Rich W; 04-23-2015 at 05:30 PM. Reason: fixed type-o

My VIN:    A few, by name... DeLorean Monster Truck, DeLorean Roadster, DeLorean Hovercraft, DeLorean Limo

Can DeLoreans actually fly?

Not sure if many DeLoreans can hover or fly, but the D Rex can "get some air" under it's tires, if only for a moment in time.

D-Rex_Lift-off.JPG

Point - Counterpoint to a Doomsday DeLorean article

So, I happened to come across an article on the RipSaw light-weight "tank" (actually a tracked-vehicle)
    and the author referred to it as a Doomsday DeLorean. I felt the need to send him a photo of the D Rex.

http://taskandpurpose.com/super-tank...w-can-buy-one/

After exchanging emails and sending a few more photos, James Clark put together the article below.

http://taskandpurpose.com/cant-stop-...monster-truck/
    Last edited by Rich W; 03-24-2017 at 05:55 PM. Reason: added tank link

My VIN:    10644

That's great. Good job!

The convertible looks interesing.
    --
    Mike

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7