FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: How much would you pay for this delorean?

+1.

This is just BS to say the best!

Quote Originally Posted by dmc6960 View Post
    I question the validity of this statement. This is something you can do with a carburetor, not a high-pressure mechanical fuel injection system. Either this car has been significantly modified (which will also complicate repairing it), or your being fed a load of BS.
    I would work extra hard at whatever I was doing to become so good at it and that I would never have to kiss anyone's fanny to keep my job. And I never have and I never will.

John Z. De Lorean

Quote Originally Posted by SamHill View Post
    I'm guessing that was the sarcasm you mentioned? Low mileage is not really a good thing on a D.
    yea this was sarcasm, his next statement was, "whens the last time you have seen a D with this low a mileage?"

Quote Originally Posted by dmc6960 View Post
    I question the validity of this statement. This is something you can do with a carburetor, not a high-pressure mechanical fuel injection system. Either this car has been significantly modified (which will also complicate repairing it), or your being fed a load of BS.
    I didnt explain well enough, he had a high pressure pump submerged in a gas can, connected to the fuel system on the car, due to the fact that the pump in the tank seized up

Quote Originally Posted by David T View Post
    Assuming the frame, S/S panels, and interior is in good shape it is worth between $10K-$15K. Figure it will cost a minimum of $10K just in parts to get it going. All round #'s without being able to see the car and what else goes along with it.
    David Teitelbaum
    I agree, the issue is I have to drive to Idaho to see it, its about 8 hours away, im about to drive over just for the sake of being able to see it and take pictures. car is originally from california, and was stored until he moved to idaho, where its been stored.

On the other hand, I really appreciate all the info you guys have bestowed upon me at this juncture, I know its hard without pictures, and unfortunately the owner isn't too handy with emailing pictures, that and email itself. I apreciate how honest you guys are, im a learner like I said, Ive never owned a D, its starting to sound like if I want a manual trans D, i need to start buy just getting a manual trans D because it really turns into a labor of love haha.

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Quote Originally Posted by The_J View Post

I didnt explain well enough, he had a high pressure pump submerged in a gas can, connected to the fuel system on the car, due to the fact that the pump in the tank seized up
    Well that sounds safe enough

Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

My VIN:    16113

Club(s):   (SCDC) (DCUK)

Can you get the VIN number?
    Shannon

My VIN:    3757

Well,

As everyone here knows... You can make a small fortune restoring a Delorean.... Only if you start with a large fortune....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2