FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Restoration we are doing at the Shop

Delorean Restoration Center

Quote Originally Posted by TTait View Post
    Good to have you around.

I do want to ask though, do you have any relationship with Ed at all now? Is he a part of your business at all? Did you inherit the D1 service records?

Looking forward to your open house?

Tom
    He does call in to see how everything is going for us, he is not part of my business , we do help him out with his personal cars, but that's pretty much the only interaction with each other... I did not get the Service records.. but if your car was serviced by D1, and you'd like a copy of service records.. I'll try and ask him on a good day if i could get a copy. just PM me a VIN

DMC5180
    Andy,

I'd like to know what the Different Route with there business is? (other than retiring) Surely ED's "Exclusive Customers" weren't so gullible as to believe the rhetoric Ed fed them in regards to the other DMC service facility in the LA area. Either way, their are plenty of Deloreans to go around that need restoration. Adding another Service Facility is a good for the community. Good luck on your venture your gonna need it.
    To be Honest... I'm still unsure what he means by Different Direction... Right now his focus is his personal car.. But retirement is a big part of it.

JeffKay
    Awesome news. I have two D's and I live in West Hills, about 5 miles from Chatsworth. (I went to Chatsworth High school)

Is the car you are restoring an 82.. plate "RTAFAX"? Vin (10871 or 10781)

Are you doing service as well?

Jeff
    Hey Jeff... I think i've heard of you from all my friends... You must be the Delorean that everyone talks about seeing on Victory and Fallbrook... I had a neighbor who i didn't get around to talk to here in Winnetka with 2 deloreans as well . A SS Delorean and Red one. I believe he's moved away now. Actually this car is from out of state, and yes we do Service Deloreans... I'm currently working on Forum members car from Sherman oaks.

My VIN:    03238 Grey & Black Hybrid - Auto - work in progress Former owner 10902 - Universal 93 Raffle Car

Are you officially open for business? Ready to post an address, phone number and website?

My VIN:    11596

Hi Andy, nice name!

Interesting story. I think you will find the online community is willing to support you as long as your customer service and workmanship is honest and professional. Treat us right and we will sing your praises. Mess up repeatedly and you will be as popular as D1 around here ;-)

I wish you luck and look forward to seeing more pics and stories.

Andy
    Andy Lien

VIN 11596 Jan 1982 build - owned since Nov. 2000!
    Total frame-off restoration completed 2021-2023

Photography and Backpacking is life.

Was Fargo, ND
    Now Kansas City

My VIN:    16245

Yup - that's me Andy! I drive the 83 about half the time. My office is on Victory and Canoga, next to BJ's. Can you send me or post the shop info? I have a full wings a lot kit in my garage, electrical is not my strong suit.

Good luck with the shop!
    Jeff
    Q: How do you make a small fortune restoring a DeLorean?
    A: Start out with a large fortune!

Vin 16245 (83, 5sp Blk) aka Stinky

My VIN:    16113

Club(s):   (SCDC) (DCUK)

Andy,
    Congratulations on your new venture.
    Shannon

Delorean Restoration Center

September 6th Update...

it's almost midnight but i said i would come do a update here before bed... here an update.

This is Our Chase, I'm in love with this thing.

Some other goodies came back today as well

Put the motor and Transmission together finally

TTait
    Are you officially open for business? Ready to post an address, phone number and website?
    I'm open for business.... but i'm a bit backed up as we speak, mostly a space issue.. I'll start taking new cars in Feb. 2013 after we move to the bigger building.

That's some mighty pretty work, right there.

My VIN:    16951

Club(s):   (DCO) (DOA) (DCUK)

That's beautiful

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

+1

Did you do a complete frame strip and refinish? What is the coating?
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

My VIN:    10084

Incredible work.
    Michael Todd
    St. Louis

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast