FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Delorean Performance Industries Adjustable Upper/Lower Control Arm Kit w/ Heim Joints

President, DeLorean Industries

My VIN:    5646,5080, 5880, 10234, 3639, 2518, 10586, 1538

Delorean Performance Industries Adjustable Upper/Lower Control Arm Kit w/ Heim Joints

The first debut product leading up to our all new state of the art chassis release. After extensive testing our new rear adjustable link kit is ready. Manufactured in house at Delorean Performance. Fully adjustable upper and lower links with pttf/Kevlar lined heim joints. With the added adjustment on the upper arm, lowering springs can be installed and the vehicle alignment performed without only adjusting the lower arm. This takes the added stress off the radius arm bushing and trailing arm bolts by not tweaking the load.

Upper and lower kit including joint spacers. Available in natural finish (clear coated as pictured) or powder coated.

Kit price is 495.00

The kit will be available online shortly on our site and is currently available ready to ship. Just call or email!
    Attached Images
    www.deloreanindustries.com Every Detail Matters

My VIN:    11596

Got any pics of the parts installed? Looks and sounds awesome.
    Andy Lien

VIN 11596 Jan 1982 build - owned since Nov. 2000!
    Total frame-off restoration completed 2021-2023

Photography and Backpacking is life.

Was Fargo, ND
    Now Kansas City

My VIN:    SCEDT26TXBD001292 SCEDT26T6DD020098

Club(s):   (AZ-D) (DMA) (LINY-DMC) (DCUK)

I've confirmed with Josh that I will be getting these installed on my 3.0 single Turbo car that DPI is currently working on. A great looking product, adjustable, made by DPI and backed by Josh...one can't go wrong with it.

Awesome!
    - Josh

SCEDT26TXBD001292: Black 5 spd - Holley EFI 3.0L PRV - Custom TwinTurbo by DeLorean Industries
    SCEDT26T6DD020098: Grey 5 spd - K-Jet CIS 2.85L PRV

Forgot to post this... Sorry. The lower arms are also available separate from the kit. I mounted the set on a test chassis a while back that I drive very hard. Checked after several thousand miles of daily driving and no issues present.
    Attached Images

My VIN:    10270

Is the idea that you could adjust both camber & toe without having to mess with TAB shims?
    Luke S :: 10270 :: 82 Grey 5-Speed :: Single Watercooled T3 .60/.48 :: Borla Exhaust :: MSD Ignition :: MS3X Fully SFI Odd-fire EFI :: DevilsOwn Methanol Injection

My VIN:    11596

Those look great Josh!
    Andy Lien

VIN 11596 Jan 1982 build - owned since Nov. 2000!
    Total frame-off restoration completed 2021-2023

Photography and Backpacking is life.

Was Fargo, ND
    Now Kansas City

My VIN:    3472 (former)

Club(s):   (DCVA) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by FABombjoy View Post
    Is the idea that you could adjust both camber & toe without having to mess with TAB shims?
    As far as I can tell, this should only adjust camber.

Though it would be nifty if someone could craft some sort of an adjustable TAB for easy adjusting of rear toe.

My VIN:    10270

The way I picture it, if you were to lengthen both the upper and lower link equally then you would be adding toe in. Shortening both links would toe-out. I just wasn't sure what was meant by "tweaking the load".

Nevertheless I'm interested in at least a set of lowers, and both upper and lower if toe adjustment is a design goal.
    Luke S :: 10270 :: 82 Grey 5-Speed :: Single Watercooled T3 .60/.48 :: Borla Exhaust :: MSD Ignition :: MS3X Fully SFI Odd-fire EFI :: DevilsOwn Methanol Injection

My VIN:    3472 (former)

Club(s):   (DCVA) (DCUK)

The way I picture it, if you were to lengthen both the upper and lower link equally then you would be adding toe in. Shortening both links would toe-out.
    That makes sense, good point!

The way I picture it, if you were to lengthen both the upper and lower link equally then you would be adding toe in. Shortening both links would toe-out. I just wasn't sure what was meant by "tweaking the load".

Nevertheless I'm interested in at least a set of lowers, and both upper and lower if toe adjustment is a design goal.
    Unfortunately you can but shouldn't manipulate toe like this. Yes it would change toe but not as much as adding or subtracting shims. Plus it will put a tweaking lateral load on the radius arm bushing and stress the weak frame design st the base of the rear y tie in.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast