FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: LED Window Switches - DMC Midwest

Hello thank you for the reply. Blue would be great. I would prefer to have them soldered by you if you could as I want to make sure it's done properly. How would I pay you and where would I send the switches? Thanks again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My VIN:    5302

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

I just bought a pair of the LED window switches from DMCH, and while the length wasn't too much of a problem for me (they barely fit), my luck has brought another problem entirely. Something I haven't seen anyone else mention. The LEDs are very uneven between the 2 switches.

It's hard to tell in the photo (as it always is when taking pictures of lights) but the driver's side LED is significantly dimmer and paler than the passenger side. You can actually see the difference better in the photo by looking at the glow around the switches rather than the arrows.

I know I can just remove the jumpers to disable the LEDs, but then I would be wasting the $20 extra I spent on the LED switches. Are the non-LED ones from DMCH the same longer length as these? Do they have incandescent lights or no lights at all? I'd consider exchanging these out if the others are shorter, or would like to exchange the dim one for a switch of full LED brightness.

Derek L
    VIN 5302

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

LED's are usually pretty close in brightness but I have seen them with bad diodes which may not live up to the Mcd rating. I suppose it's possible a wrong or bad resister put in place. I would say to replace the LED or resistor after testing, but that's going too far when I'm sure DMCH would just swap it out. In fact Why don't you contact DMCH? That would have been my first (and last) move on the matter.

I have them and I really like them, nice mod and un intrusive.
    http://dmctalk.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90&dateline=161808992  9

DMC Midwest - 815.459.6439 DMCMW Dave's Avatar

My VIN:    (former)05429

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by DL4567 View Post
    I just bought a pair of the LED window switches from DMCH, and while the length wasn't too much of a problem for me (they barely fit), my luck has brought another problem entirely. Something I haven't seen anyone else mention. The LEDs are very uneven between the 2 switches.
    ]
    I've never seen that. It's a defect. Contact the seller and exchange them. Since you can't tell which is "wrong" get both swapped.
    Dave S
    DMC Midwest - retired but helping
    Greenville SC

My VIN:    03572

The lighted switches are the same length with incandescent or LED. Pop the switch cover off and see if you got an incandescent one by accident. All the LEDs are tested after the circuit board is soldered into the switch. So if it's and LED board, a part must have gone bad.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

My VIN:    5302

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Looks like Dave M was right. The dimmer, paler switch appears to be an incandescent. I did notice when receiving the order that "LED" was only written on one of the switches, but didn't think much of it since they were in the same bag and had the same "AZ" signed on them. Turns out that was accurate, as the one without LED written on it is the incandescent.

Welp, I have the best luck. Back to DMCH they go!

Derek L
    VIN 5302

My VIN:    005058 000927

Club(s):   (AZ-D) (DMA) (DOA) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by DL4567 View Post
    Looks like Dave M was right. The dimmer, paler switch appears to be an incandescent. I did notice when receiving the order that "LED" was only written on one of the switches, but didn't think much of it since they were in the same bag and had the same "AZ" signed on them. Turns out that was accurate, as the one without LED written on it is the incandescent.

Welp, I have the best luck. Back to DMCH they go!

Maybe they should get their parts packer a set of reading glass's?
    BTW our new "Mattaligner" would solve the fit issue and keep you from ever accidentally engaging the switch's due to its small built in armrest.
    Rob
    Last edited by PJ Grady Inc.; 12-03-2015 at 06:49 PM.

My VIN:    # 00712 (ex-Howard Hughes) # 03692 # 03980 # 05414 # 06759 # 06833 # 06975

Club(s):  

Can the "Mattaligner" be ordered at your online shop now Rob?

Quote Originally Posted by PJ Grady Inc. View Post
    Maybe they should get their parts packer a set of reading glass's?
    BTW our new "Mattaligner" would solve the fit issue and keep you from ever accidentally engaging the switch's due to its small built in armrest.
    Rob

My VIN:    005058 000927

Club(s):   (AZ-D) (DMA) (DOA) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by dmcnorway View Post
    Can the "Mattaligner" be ordered at your online shop now Rob?
    Sorry not yet as I've changed computers, servers, and even switched from an I-phone to a Galaxy all in the last few weeks and had setup problems. When my IT guy gets back from a week long road trip next week I'll have the material ready for him to upload to the cart. Thanking everyone in advance for their patience!
    Rob

My VIN:    16951

Club(s):   (DCO) (DOA) (DCUK)

I bought a pair of these windows switches, back in 2015
    Unfortunately, just installed them a few days ago.
    One of them doesn't light up and blown fuse number eleven.
    Does this happen to someone else?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast