FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: LED Window Switches - DMC Midwest

My VIN:    05141

Thanks,

the sticker on the right was part of a set I bought in the UK a few years ago. It was meant to shut of the doorlights if you want to keep the doors open at a show. I have led's (blue, what do ya think) in the doors so I do not need it but I did not want that switch alone with no decal.... so it is a dummy to remind you the doors go up
    the set also had decals to put on the doors, with a small sigh to indicate where to open the door. How many of you had passengers asking how to open the door to get out?

Jan

Steering with power

My VIN:    3299

Just installed mine - well worth the $$$. Had to do some slight modifications to make them fit, and I need to do what the others did in terms of cutting out a small piece of the pontoon body to get them 100% perfect, but for now - they look awesome!

Old ones
    100_5282.jpg

New LED ones
    100_5283.jpg

OOO...Ahhhh!
    100_5284.jpg

Switches with the rest of the LED console
    100_5285.jpg

Awesome
    100_5286.jpg
    DMCTalk.org Moderator

Actual snippet of a conversation from Sept 2013:

Me: Eddie, I can't wait to get the car back when you're done with it.

Eddie: Yeah, you'll be able to give the car gas, and it won't be - like - embarrassing....

My VIN:    10084

Is it me or do these LED switches get rather warm?
    Michael Todd
    St. Louis

My VIN:    03572

Quote Originally Posted by cybercusp View Post
    Is it me or do these LED switches get rather warm?
    Each switch draws 1.7 ma of current for the LEDs. You will not feel any heat from that current. Now with the original incandescent bulbs drawing 43 ma at 13.5 volts you will feel heat. If your driving in the sun, the switches get warm even with no lights. My car has them wired to the light circuit so mine are only on with the car lights on.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

My VIN:    01955

Quote Originally Posted by DeLorean03 View Post
    Just installed mine - well worth the $$$. Had to do some slight modifications to make them fit, and I need to do what the others did in terms of cutting out a small piece of the pontoon body to get them 100% perfect, but for now - they look awesome!
    Yours are sitting just like mine before cutting the pontoon to allow them sit in deep enough. Just careful with the ciggie assembly as I must had moved the wires and now, I'm blowing fuses every now and then when I use the windows.

This is getting frustrating.

I pulled the ciggie lighter out, reconnected the 2 connections as I was blowing fuses, stuffed it back in. Passenger window works well, but the driver's side, up is fine, down, turns off the radio till I let go of the button (does not blow a fuse). This ciggie lighter is really doing my head in.

My VIN:    3299

What happens if you pull your ciggie lighter out of the center console - leave its two connections on - and then roll your driver's side window down and up?
    DMCTalk.org Moderator

Actual snippet of a conversation from Sept 2013:

Me: Eddie, I can't wait to get the car back when you're done with it.

Eddie: Yeah, you'll be able to give the car gas, and it won't be - like - embarrassing....

Quote Originally Posted by DeLorean03 View Post
    What happens if you pull your ciggie lighter out of the center console - leave its two connections on - and then roll your driver's side window down and up?
    You are going to love this one.....

Rewired the ciggie lighter, just to ensure that I'm not making contact with any other part of the car.

Passenger side, works fine.

Driver's side. Going, up, fine. Going down (car not running), radio switches off (does not blow fuse), but the fuel pump primes!! With car running, window going down, fuses blow.

But, swapped the switches over and as it seems, the LED switch that was on the driver's side is faulty. Blows the fuses straight away as soon as I try to use the window in the passenger side.

So I've thrown back on one of the old window swiches. All works well.

Absolutely bizzare! Even thought that I might had been in an Italian car at one stage.

Anyone heard of this happening before?

I've contacted Julee @ DMCMW, she's going to send me a replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by john 05141 View Post
    Got the switches from DMCEU and the blue LEDs from Dave.
    Becasue my dashlights are blue, and my clock is also, the blue switches are a perfect match. Indeed gives this more modern looks to the car. Very happy with those. The switches work perfectlt, so do the lights and I have those for over a year now. the first picture the lights and clock were still green, so you see a difference.

Jan
    Hello do you know if anyone still sells blue or red led that can be used on the DMCH illuminated power window switches? Thanks

My VIN:    03572

Quote Originally Posted by DMCSPRINT View Post
    Hello do you know if anyone still sells blue or red led that can be used on the DMCH illuminated power window switches? Thanks
    I have blue LED boards. Have not tried red LEDs yet. Red will not work through the AC panel decal (only where the filter is red) but the window switches are clear (no filter). If you don't think you can solder the boards into the switches, I can install them in your switches for you.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast