FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Adjusting Idle Speed

My VIN:    10110

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Attachment 13216
    I know this is an "older" post, but was the third screw missing in this picture not in place when the car was idling high?

My VIN:    4456 - Owner since March 2011

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Attachment 13216
    I know this is an "older" post, but was the third screw missing in this picture not in place when the car was idling high?
    Yep. I had taken it out completely and it was still idling around 1000 RPMs. I have since put it back in so it's barely threaded. Just enough to hold it in place.
    I am convinced that the little springs on the valves inside butterfly assembly are shot. I have a new assembly to install but haven't had time to do the work yet.
    I'm still driving and still having the occasional idle issue but notheing that keeps me from getting out and about.

Cheers
    Steve
    Cheers
    Steven Maguire

IT'S A TRAP!!!!!

My VIN:    10084

I had a high idle issue that was fixed this weekend. Since I got the car in August the "warmed up " idle had been slowly creeping up from 750 to 1200. Cold idle remained at 750. Replaced the butterfly valve and the warm idle is now 750.
    Michael Todd
    St. Louis

My VIN:    06668 81' Grey interior, 5 speed, Grooved hood. Previous owner of 16301, in 2001. Found Nov 2019, a

Quote Originally Posted by mluder View Post
    Yep. I had taken it out completely and it was still idling around 1000 RPMs. I have since put it back in so it's barely threaded. Just enough to hold it in place.
    I am convinced that the little springs on the valves inside butterfly assembly are shot. I have a new assembly to install but haven't had time to do the work yet.
    I'm still driving and still having the occasional idle issue but notheing that keeps me from getting out and about.

Cheers
    Steve
    Have you figured out this issue? I have been experiencing a similar issue since I replaced my water pump. I would start th car and have 800 rpm idle. Drive it about 40 min or so and the idle was at 1500 rpms. Not sure what’s causing it. I just did the idle adjustment Dave explained early in this post. Haven’t been able to drive it, but seems as though the idle is at 900. Still checking thins out to see if maybe I missed something .

My VIN:    4456 - Owner since March 2011

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Quote Originally Posted by hippieman9 View Post
    Have you figured out this issue? I have been experiencing a similar issue since I replaced my water pump. I would start th car and have 800 rpm idle. Drive it about 40 min or so and the idle was at 1500 rpms. Not sure what’s causing it. I just did the idle adjustment Dave explained early in this post. Haven’t been able to drive it, but seems as though the idle is at 900. Still checking thins out to see if maybe I missed something .
    Things have settled down though I can't point to any particular fix... I've since replaced the fuel pump. That's about all I can say definitively. I'll have to refresh my memory and see if anything else jumps out in terms of adjustments, etc.

Cheers
    Steve
    Cheers
    Steven Maguire

IT'S A TRAP!!!!!

My VIN:    06668 81' Grey interior, 5 speed, Grooved hood. Previous owner of 16301, in 2001. Found Nov 2019, a

Quote Originally Posted by mluder View Post
    Things have settled down though I can't point to any particular fix... I've since replaced the fuel pump. That's about all I can say definitively. I'll have to refresh my memory and see if anything else jumps out in terms of adjustments, etc.

Cheers
    Steve
    ok cool. Just wondering. Thanks!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4