FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Parcel shelf rear wall trim board

"Former Delorean owning Guru" Spittybug's Avatar

My VIN:    Formerly 2329

Parcel shelf rear wall trim board

Ok, show of hands who hates the 4 brackets and screws that hold the rear carpet wall against the firewall (and netting hooks)? That has got to be the worst damned thing when tackling any wiring or engine cover hinge work.... seems I'm always popping the damn thing off and it's a pain putting those screws back in. I've decided I'm going to screw in posts, Locktite them in the screw holes, and get 4 wing nuts on them. That way you never have to fumble to get the screws in the holes. With their elongated openings, the brackets will have no problem sliding past the posts.

Anyone done something comparable? Any pictures? Suggestions?
    Owen
    I.Brew.Beer.

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

You don't have to get into that area very often and those hooks are not that big a deal. If you are thinking of modifying then consider that some have made up a speaker box and stuck it in there.
    David Teitelbaum

My VIN:    06960

I had pains until I started using the correct driver for the screws. Its not a normal #2 phillips. I believe its a #3 Posi.
    Jim Reeve
    DMC6960

D-Status: - Getting some Spring exercise

My VIN:    02261

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Yeah, I hate them too. But, mainly cuz it’s hard to do by myself. I sometimes need a helper when no one is around.

Please remember that those black netting hooks directly below the back window that two of them are short and two are long. The short ones go in the middle and long ones on either end.

Those screws work just fine for me once it’s all together. So I haven’t had to modify anything.
    Mark Vanyo
    Links to DeLorean related web sites!
    http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?19...s-Part-I-of-II.