FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Introductions

My VIN:    02613

Club(s):   (DCF)

I may as well re-introduce myself, too. My first name is pronounced "fairer" and I purchased #2613 back in November of 2007. #2613 is also known as "Sparky the AutoCarb" because it is a carburetor-equipped (among other modifications) automatic whose first great adventure involved an electrical fire in the engine compartment.

Sparky lives outside in Southeast Louisiana and is in "daily driver" condition, but doesn't have a/c at the moment due to a leak at the evaporator so I'm letting it sit as the weather heats up.

I look forward to meeting you at DCS 2012 in Orlando. Look for the guy who isn't as old as he sounds and is uncomfortable with crowds. :P

Farrar
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

DeLorean Owner Since 2006

My VIN:    3676

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Farrar View Post
    I look forward to meeting you at DCS 2012 in Orlando.
    Same here; the only question for me is which car to bring.

Quote Originally Posted by Farrar View Post
    Look for the guy who isn't as old as he sounds and is uncomfortable with crowds. :P

Farrar
    Doesn't this describe half of us? Granted, I'll be the guy in the ridiculous outfit.

My VIN:    16336 (SOLD)

I think it's a GREAT idea to re-introduce ourselves to everyone!

My name is Mike, born and raised in Fort Lauderdale, FL. Started the whole DeLorean thing when i was about 8 after seeing a neighbor's friend's car. It's amazing how much you learn and re-learn with these cars.

I was the 23rd person to join DMCTalk when it was part of Tamir's old forum from Entermyworld.com waaaaay waaaaay back.

I bought 16336 from a member of DMCTalk back in 09 and have been enjoying the car since then.

I know there are other forums out there, but honestly this one has always been home. I used to sit around and download every bit of info I could get about these cars from all over the place, and when this site grew, it just always seemed to be the primary forum I would visit. The people on this site are what make it special.

When Talk went down, it was a very strange feeling because you never know how much you visit something until you stop doing it! I have met some AMAZING people through DMCTalk, and no matter what, my dedication to friends on this site is what I enjoy.

I am moving to North Carolina this January and look forward to meeting even more new people that i've only had the pleasure of talking to online. Should be quite an adventure!
    One of DMCTalk.org's original admins

Mainly lurking, just passing through. Still enjoying reading about everyone's progress.

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Well, I’ll trot out my story also

My name is Dermot and I was born and raised in Dunmurry, N Ireland. My first Delorean experience was in May 1981, waiting at the bus stop in the morning for the bus to school, I was regularly passed by a car transporter loaded with these futuristic silver machines headed to the docks en route to their lucky American owners. The seed was planted that I would like to own one, one day. Somehow BTTF passed me by on its first release, so my desire to own one has no movie based roots. In fact I only saw the first two movies for the first time last year.

Moved to the States in the ‘90s and am now bi-lingual in both Queens English and American English. (e.g. tie-rod-ends = track-rod-ends)

Got 2743 in 2008 after the PO got tired of it (I think) and left it parked under a tree. It’s a black/auto that has spent too much time outside in the Georgia sun. I passed it every evening on the way home, and I could hear it calling to me. Tracked the owner down and worked out a deal. Only then did I discover this forum and the list of things to look for when buying a D. I was actually shocked how much help was out there. Have been an active, some might say obsessive, participant ever since.
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

My VIN:    2964

Glad to see the forum is back again!! Sucks we had to re-register and lost all the info we had!!
    Billy C. VIN: 2964

"Trying to Live the Dream!"

"If you're gonna own a DeLorean, why not build it with some style?"

http://www.facebook.com/billy.chingas.7

My VIN:    4266, Previously 11056

Guess I will do this too! My name is Korey and I am from New Brunswick, Canada. I've been a fan of the DeLorean since I was a kid and mistakened one for a "Silver Bricklin". When I saw Back to the Future, that sealed the deal. I was going to own one someday. At the present moment I do not have a DeLorean but am working on purchasing one in the next few weeks! I have been lurking the forums for almost 8 months now but was registered for about 4 before the Great Crash of Ought 11! I didn't know much about cars when I started here, but with the help of other members I have learned an aweful lot. I hope to be participating more if my purchase works out well!

My VIN:    2808 6921

Club(s):   (DCVA) (DCUK)

Well since everyones introducing themselves again I will jump on the bandwagon. My name is Chuck and I am from Richmond, Virginia. I currently own 2 and 2/3rds Deloreans.

I have Delorean 2808, she came to me in January of 2008, probably not my best idea to buy one sight unseen but hindsight is 20/20. She currently slumbers half disassembled anxiously awaiting to be put back together.

The next Delorean is 6921.. the infamous Fast and Furious Delorean. I've only muddled with her a bit so she isn't changed much from all of the pictures floating about of her.

1/3rd of a Delorean comes from all the parts I ripped out of some poor D I found down in a pick a parts JY in South Carolina, it's really just a bunch of panels and fascia's.

I am currently taking some engine and transmission classes in college so I have a better understanding of my cars because honestly those two things baffle the hell out of me. Don't get me wrong if its belts , alternators, plugs stuff like that I can do it, I'm more interested in the insides and how it all works. And I have missed DMCTalk ALOT!

Welcome back everyone!

I don't want to be part of the Human race Roman Legion's Avatar

My VIN:    VIN in progress.

Club(s):   (DCVA) (LVDG) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

I am Roman Legion, the same Roman Legion from the old site.. If you want to know more about me.. Oh well..

My VIN:    6820

My name is Mark, and my wife and I have been DeLorean owners since 1999. Real Life has been interfering with our enjoyment of the car for a few years now, but I'm hoping to clear up some fuel injection issues this summer and get back to driving the car instead of trying to walk around it in our garage.

We have VIN 6820 which is still pretty well stock and very low mileage at this point. That will probably change. I have no plans to make it a daily driver, but I'm not really into garage queens either.

We've attended a DOA event in St. Louis way back when, the DMC-Houston Open House in 2001 when they were planning on moving to the new location, but were delayed by weather, and finally, the DCS-West event in Las Vegas in 2009. We had the car at the first two, but the fuel injection problem cropped up two days before we were due to leave for Las Vegas, so we came to it DeLorean-less.
    Mark N.
    VIN 6820
    Owner since 1999

*Puts down a large table*

*Puts several different foods on the table: chips, cookies, punch, maybe a beer keg*

This is to all of us newbies. You all enjoy it and hope you enjoy the stay.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast