FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Introductions

My VIN:    Formerly 0774, Formerly 3165 twice

Club(s):   (DMA) (LINY-DMC) (DCUK)

Well i'll throw my hat in the ring here as well.

Hello all. My name is Chris Piazza. I refer to myself as the DeLorean owner by Default. Without going into a whole long drawn out story. I'll just say I re-acquired my car in march 2010 through a series of bizzare events after selling it nine years earlier. For me aside from the day my 2 kids were born this was the happiest day of my life. Not just Because I got another D, or a nice clean one, or a really cheap one. I got all of these and the fact that it was my old car with only 900 additional miles on it since I last saw it, Made it almost as if it really were a time machine that came back to me a decade later. 3165 really is a special car with an interesting history of how I got it originally, where it was before that, where it went afterwards, and only to come right back to me again. I hope to have it forever now. With any luck I'd like to see it passed down like a family heirloom. But if there's one thing this experience has thought me, its you really never know what's going to happen next.
    Chris Piazza
    1GR8STRY
    Owner of 3165 by default

Certified Stainless!! Chris Burns's Avatar

My VIN:    Getting closer and closer...

Club(s):   (DCF)

Introduction

Hello,

I'm Jammer 96 (Chris is my real name). I have been a fan of Deloreans since my friend in WV introduced me to his way back in 93. After that I didn't see a Delorean again until 2006 at the Amelia Concours car show. I met a local owner Cecil L who does his own mechanical work on his Delorean and taught me some valuable info.

In late 2008 I became a member of the original DMC Talk and began talking to owners. I met another owner Ed in 2009 and gave me my 1st Delorean ride! I was very impressed and wanted the Delorean even more as time went on. I have also driven 3 Deloreans and was a really happy guy every time I drove one.

Money has been real tight for me in the last few years, but hopefully soon I'll be able to buy one. Until then I'll just keep on learning about them!

My VIN:    1710

My name is Louie (obviously), I'll be 29 a month from today, and I've been DeLorean obsessed for more than 2/3 of my life. I started saving for a DeLorean when I was 11 years old. I joined the DML in '99, started hanging out with local owners shortly thereafter, and bought my first DeLorean (VIN 10115) in February of 2001 when I was 18. About 2 years later, I was hit by a drunk driver and the first DeLorean was totaled. Bought DeLorean #2 (VIN 5252) quickly thereafter. I kept 5252 for a few years until I began to realize how burned out I was on spending every last penny and minute of spare time I had on DeLoreans. So I sold 5252, and have lamented that decision ever since. I drift in and out of the community, but always seem to come back. I will indeed own more DeLoreans in the future, but the the timing just hasn't been right for lightning to strike a 3rd time (yet!).

My VIN:    1494

Club(s):   (DMA)

My name is Steve Cosgrove. Username is taken from other standard messageboards I belong to and am using it here to avoid confusion (for myself). The name refers to the band Goo Goo Dolls of which you can see I am a big fan of.

I was always interested in the car when I found out it was a REAL car, and not a movie car. My interested spiked full-throttle towards a purchase when I was in college and had the chance to sit in a PJ Grady restored car in Milford, PA at a car show (wish I remembered the vin or car owner name, if it is anyone on here let me know!).

My story starts with trying to purchase Vin 5188 in 2007. Unable to title it due to the seller trying to jump titles, I got my money back and started the search again. Not wanting to go through the hassle again, I decided to go check out a car that Ken Koncelik was selling. I flew out to Ohio and purchased Vin 1494 in early 2008, picking the car up in Gettysburg, PA in early March 2008. Since then I have had the common DeLorean problems as well as early vin headaches. I am a supporter of upgrades that do not drastically change any of the characteristics of the car (mostly appearance-wise towards out-of-place modifications), and post about them from time to time here (such as the custom alternator I had made with the back case being a heat sink after going through 3 different alternators).
    Last edited by Grover; 06-07-2011 at 02:15 PM.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Steve Cosgrove, Vin. 1494
    "I'm Kicking Through The Walls In My Mind..." - Goo Goo Dolls
    On-going Engine and Car Modifications: http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?50...Engine-Upgrade

My VIN:    03572

Never really introduced myself on the old forum so guess it's time. David McKeen is my real name. I've been working with telemetry for almost 30 years and hence BITSYNCMASTER is my user name. A bit sync is used to receive data from aircraft, missiles and spacecraft and filter noise (many types of noise on that signal) and provide a clock with the cleaned up data for further processing. I have a patent for my bit sync design.

My interest in the Delorean started when they first were announced. I was almost 30 at the time and said one day I would own one. Well family expenses and time delayed that ownership until my kids got out of collage. Bought one on Ebay, had a co-worker drive me up to northern NJ, test drove it around the block, paid cash and made the 6 hour drive home that night. I did not know anything about the car. Could not even open the engine cover or turn on the headlights.

That was 5 years ago and still my passion for this car never fades.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

My VIN:    2681

Club(s):   (DMA)

I should post this so that whenever I say the word "We", people don't start to wonder.

I'm Matt, and my twin brother is Alex. We co-own #2681, which we purchased about a year ago from some car collector in NJ. Yes, it's red, and yes, we bought it that way (if I had a dime for every time I've had to say that, I could probably buy a value meal by now). Yes, we both post under this account since we own the car together, and it's just easier since everyone is going to continue to be unable to distinguish us in person anyways.

Alex is currently the secretary of the DMA, and I have a second love for all things DSM and Ford SHO's also.

We're going to be taking our car from red to stainless this winter, and we'll most likely start some sort of detailed blog that will no doubt be the highlight of everyone's day if they follow it. Trust me on this one!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3