Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Gulf Coast DeLoreans website is up!

  1. #1
    @Farrar_at_Large Farrar's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Long Island, New York

    Posts:    4,109

    My VIN:    02613

    Club(s):   (LINY-DMC) (DCUK)

    Gulf Coast DeLoreans website is up!

    I bought the domain and paid for hosting, but there's not much there. Nonetheless,
    GCD officially has an online presence at gulfcoastdeloreans.com.

    I whipped it up in about five minutes today, so don't expect anything fancy. :P

    I'm pretty busy right now moving to a new apartment, but in the meantime y'all can PM or post here information and pictures for the "Who We Are" section and the "Upcoming Events" section. I know we have a tech day following a cruise-in July 9; that will be added to the Upcoming Events page as soon as I have a chance.

    For the future: if you take pictures at an event and would like to share them, please let me know -- the "Past Events" section is pretty much going to be a glorified photo album.

    Farrar
    What you've just read was carefully composed by an infinite number of monkeys using DeScribe under OS/2 Warp 4.
    DeLorean status: engine replacement in progress.
    HIRE MY VOICE and get my DeLorean back on the road!

  2. #2
    DMCTalk.org's #2 RETIRED's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Huntersville, NC

    Posts:    1,387

    My VIN:    16336 (SOLD)

    Decent start! Good luck!
    DMCTalk.org RETIRED Administrator

    2001 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4- SOLD
    There's something else being built...

  3. #3
    Senior Member Domi's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  France

    Posts:    2,137

    My VIN:    16951

    Club(s):   (DCO) (DOA) (DCUK)

    Good start!
    Did you programming xtml or using a web software?

  4. #4
    @Farrar_at_Large Farrar's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Long Island, New York

    Posts:    4,109

    My VIN:    02613

    Club(s):   (LINY-DMC) (DCUK)

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Decent start! Good luck!
    Thanks!

    Quote Originally Posted by Domi View Post
    Good start!
    Did you programming xtml or using a web software?
    Thanks! I used LibreOffice to make an html template (colors, fonts) and then put that page into Seamonkey's editor for further editing. I made the "logo" with GIMP. So the website is made with nothing but free software, which is good since I have no skill whatsoever with making websites.

    Farrar
    What you've just read was carefully composed by an infinite number of monkeys using DeScribe under OS/2 Warp 4.
    DeLorean status: engine replacement in progress.
    HIRE MY VOICE and get my DeLorean back on the road!

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date:  Jun 2011

    Location:  Houston, TX

    Posts:    564

    My VIN:    3341

    Ah, a new DeLorean web site to add to our Links page. I like it.

    Good luck with the site Farrar.

    Thomas


  6. #6
    Junior Member bayouboy's Avatar
    Join Date:  Jun 2011

    Location:  Schriever, LA

    Posts:    7

    My VIN:    5306

    Club(s):   (GCD)

    Quote Originally Posted by Farrar View Post
    I bought the domain and paid for hosting, but there's not much there. Nonetheless,
    GCD officially has an online presence at gulfcoastdeloreans.com.

    I whipped it up in about five minutes today, so don't expect anything fancy. :P

    I'm pretty busy right now moving to a new apartment, but in the meantime y'all can PM or post here information and pictures for the "Who We Are" section and the "Upcoming Events" section. I know we have a tech day following a cruise-in July 9; that will be added to the Upcoming Events page as soon as I have a chance.

    For the future: if you take pictures at an event and would like to share them, please let me know -- the "Past Events" section is pretty much going to be a glorified photo album.

    Farrar
    Thanks, I'll zip some stuff out to ya by PM

    Fred

  7. #7
    Senior Member Domi's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  France

    Posts:    2,137

    My VIN:    16951

    Club(s):   (DCO) (DOA) (DCUK)

    Thanks for the explanation Farrar

  8. #8
    @Farrar_at_Large Farrar's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Long Island, New York

    Posts:    4,109

    My VIN:    02613

    Club(s):   (LINY-DMC) (DCUK)

    Quote Originally Posted by bayouboy View Post
    Thanks, I'll zip some stuff out to ya by PM

    Fred
    Hey, Fred, did you do this already? If, so, I missed it, so please send it again.

    I've updated the "Who We Are" section and so far only have two of us -- or rather, two of our cars. Human beings have yet to be seen on the website. Heh.

    Farrar
    What you've just read was carefully composed by an infinite number of monkeys using DeScribe under OS/2 Warp 4.
    DeLorean status: engine replacement in progress.
    HIRE MY VOICE and get my DeLorean back on the road!

  9. #9
    Let's see if you bastards can do 90. dvonk's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Omaha, NE

    Posts:    1,782

    My VIN:    loading, please wait...

    those are some fine looking automobiles!

  10. #10
    @Farrar_at_Large Farrar's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Long Island, New York

    Posts:    4,109

    My VIN:    02613

    Club(s):   (LINY-DMC) (DCUK)

    website update

    OK, I've updated the "Who We Are" section. Next up, "Past Events" thanks to Fred's pictures.

    Farrar
    What you've just read was carefully composed by an infinite number of monkeys using DeScribe under OS/2 Warp 4.
    DeLorean status: engine replacement in progress.
    HIRE MY VOICE and get my DeLorean back on the road!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •