FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: How To: Better secure your front grill

"Former Delorean owning Guru" Spittybug's Avatar

My VIN:    Formerly 2329

Quote Originally Posted by EMDF View Post
    So, uh, what am I looking at there, Owen? I know it's the grill and front fascia, but I cannot for the life of me figure out the orientation of the camera in relation to whatever I'm looking at... Maybe I need a little more visual context?
    The head of the bolt is against the side of the pop out grill. We're looking from the back of the fascia remember. The hole with the brown (actually the garage floor) is where the headlights poke through. In the picture, the top of the fascia is at the bottom. How could you not recognize all of this?
    Last edited by Spittybug; 09-13-2012 at 09:58 PM.
    Owen
    I.Brew.Beer.

My VIN:    06960

Quote Originally Posted by Spittybug View Post
    I couldn't come up with a valid reason to need to pull the grill off
    Hood light harness plug access?
    Jim Reeve
    DMC6960

D-Status: - Getting some Spring exercise

"Former Delorean owning Guru" Spittybug's Avatar

My VIN:    Formerly 2329

Funny you should ask.... I was about to put everything back together and then I remembered those plugs. Luckily there is enough slack in the harness to pass the two connectors up through the metal plate before remounting the fascia. A little clamp to prevent them from falling back through and voila. When the hood goes back on and the plugs reconnected, they will be allowed to fall back down into the cutout hole.

I've concluded one of the toughest nuts/bolts to reach is the one holding the front spoiler to the fascia on the driver side front. The damned windshield fluid bucket gets in the way. Can't use a socket because of the spoiler getting in the way. Minimal room for wrench. It's a finger tester!
    Owen
    I.Brew.Beer.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3