FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: soft clutch pedal

My VIN:    01643

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by DMCMW Dave View Post
    BTW back to the original question - if fluid sprays out of the hole in the cap when you press the pedal, the master cylinder has failed. Replace the master cylinder
    Thanks for answering that Dave, that had me a bit confused too. I was waiting for someone to address it.

Quote Originally Posted by DMCMW Dave View Post
    BTW back to the original question - if fluid sprays out of the hole in the cap when you press the pedal, the master cylinder has failed. Replace the master cylinder
    Dave thanks for the help, I guess its time to go shopping with you guys..lol
    Mike Lowrey VIN# 3830

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

While you are replacing the clutch master make sure to replace the line from the reservoir to the master if it is leaking or "sweating" brake fluid. Replacing the master cylinder is relatively easy, the slave is considerably harder but it can be done mostly from underneath. I agree it makes it a LOT easier if you remove the intake manifold but I wouldn't remove it "just" to do the slave cylinder. if you do remove the intake manifold you are adding to the work considerably and all of that additional work will require parts and they can add up quickly making this an expensive job!
    David Teitelbaum

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2