FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Shipping Wars - DeLorean

President, DeLorean Industries

My VIN:    5646,5080, 5880, 10234, 3639, 2518, 10586, 1538

Quote Originally Posted by Iznodmad View Post
    Done! There is a bit of truth to that part, I won't deny it. But I'm not mean or overbearing about it. I just like all my things to be clean and nice, that's all. I know I'm not alone in that matter.
    So I guess the question is: Did DeLorean Performance Industries pass this standard?
    www.deloreanindustries.com Every Detail Matters

Nit-picking customer(as seen on TV) Iznodmad's Avatar

My VIN:    #5000 (Grey, manual, SS chassis, intercooled twin turbo), #16128 (Grey, auto, efi twin turbo), #888

Club(s):   (DCVA) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by DPI JOSH View Post
    So I guess the question is: Did DeLorean Performance Industries pass this standard?
    YES! If you didn't, I probably wouldn't be talking to you anymore. Now here's the bad news.......I'm even more "nit-picky" with #5000. Better have your A++ game on when we move forward with that one.

I sent back a order of plated calipers today because of a color difference. They switched media's while blasting half way through to a course compound. Now they are completing the order again. No one can see the calipers technically but I know they are there and will loose sleep. I'm ready for the vin 5000 challenge!

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Done! There is a bit of truth to that part, I won't deny it. But I'm not mean or overbearing about it. I just like all my things to be clean and nice, that's all. I know I'm not alone in that matter.
    Be it yourself, your toys, or your workmanship...nothing wrong with wanting the best it can be.
    http://dmctalk.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90&dateline=161808992  9

Certified Stainless!! Chris Burns's Avatar

My VIN:    Getting closer and closer...

Club(s):   (DCF)

I can vouch for DPI's workmanship

VIN 16128 is a top notch Delorean, ( I was extremely fortunate to try it out at DCS!). From what I could tell Josh is a perfectionist and I would have no problem dealing with him when I finally do get a Delorean!

Can't to see how VIN 5000 turns out!

My VIN:    3045

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Your going to have to do a write up of your experience after the show airs. The only thing I saw in the commercial is that the guy opens the door while in the trailer, someone comments on him doing so and he peels the weatherstripping off the door. Of course this is all edited into 2 seconds worth of teaser footage so I guess we shall find out the real story soon.
    Does it have a flux capacitor?
    Does it run on 1.21 Giggawatts?
    Have you been chased by terrorist?

No but I have been chased by ladies because it’s a chick magnet!

Quote Originally Posted by Rhsxo View Post
    Your going to have to do a write up of your experience after the show airs. The only thing I saw in the commercial is that the guy opens the door while in the trailer, someone comments on him doing so and he peels the weatherstripping off the door. Of course this is all edited into 2 seconds worth of teaser footage so I guess we shall find out the real story soon.
    This was the first of a number of shows we filmed for. It is very intrusive and grows tiring to repeat yourself and reword constantly. Between the multiple crews it was four days of filming. One for shipping wars and three for the one to be announced later. They film EVERYTHING. When you sign off on it they film phone calls, eating, drinking working etc.

Nit-picking customer(as seen on TV) Iznodmad's Avatar

My VIN:    #5000 (Grey, manual, SS chassis, intercooled twin turbo), #16128 (Grey, auto, efi twin turbo), #888

Club(s):   (DCVA) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

I'll be glad to go into further detail after the show airs. Josh is right about the filming process, I probably said some things I wouldn't normally do because of "re-takes" or "do-overs". What most people don't realize is that they interview you with the camera literally at arms length from your face and you are having a conversation with a producer off camera. But, they only air one end of the conversation and make it appear like you are talking about something else that may have happened (out of context). That was the worst part for me. The easy part is the filming of the "work" or "delivery".

Quote Originally Posted by DPI JOSH View Post
    This was the first of a number of shows we filmed for.
    If I may ask, on what date(s) was your shop filmed? I'm curious to know which D's I can expect to see and where they're located when the shows finally air, for semi-obvious reasons.

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Very obvious reasons
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast