FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Retail Price... ya learn a new thing every day...

Quote Originally Posted by DMC3165 View Post
    That's pretty unbelievable! Do you have a pic of that sticker online anywhere? The one I have for 3165 has it listed at 26xxx. I can't remember exactly. But I was under the impression that the MSRP never changed much beyond the 25K asking price.
    I also have many unused window stickers, I believe the dealer was allowed to jack up the price before the sale. the window stickers I have does not include prices.

LEVY
    I would work extra hard at whatever I was doing to become so good at it and that I would never have to kiss anyone's fanny to keep my job. And I never have and I never will.

John Z. De Lorean

My VIN:    Formerly 0774, Formerly 3165 twice

Club(s):   (DMA) (LINY-DMC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by LEVY View Post
    I also have many unused window stickers, I believe the dealer was allowed to jack up the price before the sale. the window stickers I have does not include prices.

LEVY
    I know dealers jack up the price on specialty cars all the time. I saw Pontiac due it it in 04 when the new GTO came out. Chevy did it again when the new camaro came out. I have no doubt independent dealers did this with Deloreans also. But I'm curious to see what was printed on his window sticker. To date all the ones I've seen that were sold through dealers had prices on them.
    Chris Piazza
    1GR8STRY
    Owner of 3165 by default

I know dealers jack up the price on specialty cars all the time. I saw Pontiac due it it in 04 when the new GTO came out. Chevy did it again when the new camaro came out. I have no doubt independent dealers did this with Deloreans also. But I'm curious to see what was printed on his window sticker. To date all the ones I've seen that were sold through dealers had prices on them.
    I don't know if this is legal or not, but I once saw a guy with a computer and a printer making window stickers for a Big Dealer in San Antonio, that guy will charge big money to Dealers to reproduce "lost" window stickers, he will add whatever price the dealer wanted. On the same dealership, a sales petson will sell youa car on sunday but will date is following monday. I was told that dealers could not open 7 days a week, they have to allow personel to rest at least one day a week but they found the way around.

So dealers do very strange things, including modify window stickers.

LEVY
    I would work extra hard at whatever I was doing to become so good at it and that I would never have to kiss anyone's fanny to keep my job. And I never have and I never will.

John Z. De Lorean

My VIN:    04915

... Believe it

16647 017.jpg
    That's pretty unbelievable! Do you have a pic of that sticker online anywhere? The one I have for 3165 has it listed at 26xxx. I can't remember exactly. But I was under the impression that the MSRP never changed much beyond the 25K asking price.
    I couldn't remember exactly either. Missed it by a few $ ...
    Last edited by Jacko; 09-15-2012 at 06:52 PM.
    Jack Skeens

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2