FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: New 02 Sensor

My VIN:    2147

New 02 Sensor

Greetings,
    My good friend and I have changed out an old 02 Sensor for a new one, but we weren't aware of having to recalibrate the engine to it and getting the fuel mixture correct. Live and learn right? Can anyone help me with this procedure? My Delorean Knowledge is still growing. I have all the manuals as well, just nervous to do something like this alone. Thanks!
    "Where we're going, we don't need... roads."

My VIN:    2565

Quote Originally Posted by stranovegas View Post
    Greetings,
    My good friend and I have changed out an old 02 Sensor for a new one, but we weren't aware of having to recalibrate the engine to it and getting the fuel mixture correct. Live and learn right? Can anyone help me with this procedure? My Delorean Knowledge is still growing. I have all the manuals as well, just nervous to do something like this alone. Thanks!
    If your engine was running fine before there is no need to do anything. Its a plug and play. If the fuel mixture was already set you shouldn't need to mess with it. Your o2 sensor only reads the levels through the exhaust and the lambda system adjust the engine through its readings.

My VIN:    03572

Quote Originally Posted by deloumis View Post
    If your engine was running fine before there is no need to do anything. Its a plug and play. If the fuel mixture was already set you shouldn't need to mess with it. Your o2 sensor only reads the levels through the exhaust and the lambda system adjust the engine through its readings.
    Agree. But if the old sensor was bad and someone played with the mixture with that bad sensor, now he would have to adjust the mixture for the working sensor.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/