FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Getting My First DeLorean...finally

My VIN:    1019

At my house, we have four cars with a two stall garage. The Delorean and our Impala get the garage. Our other two cars sit in the driveway behind the Delorean or when I take the Delorean somewhere, the other two cars sit in the street in front of our house. Last winter I had the Delorean stored in my grandma's neighbor's garage. It worked great. Congrats on purchase.

My VIN:    4534

I don't have a garage. The D lives outside with the rest of my fleet. Then again I'm hidden in my own little world with a couple of neighbors that look out for each other so I don't worry much about thieves.
    Red
    VIN 4534
    Born - October 1981
    Brought back to life - July 2011

My VIN:    11596

Maybe OP should use his new wealth to get an apartment or condo or something, instead of flushing it into a money pit? Once the housing situation is good then buy the luxurious? Not what OP wants to hear, but being realistic in the current economy.
    Andy Lien

VIN 11596 Jan 1982 build - owned since Nov. 2000!
    Total frame-off restoration completed 2021-2023

Photography and Backpacking is life.

Was Fargo, ND
    Now Kansas City

Quote Originally Posted by 82DMC12 View Post
    Maybe OP should use his new wealth to get an apartment or condo or something, instead of flushing it into a money pit? Once the housing situation is good then buy the luxurious? Not what OP wants to hear, but being realistic in the current economy.
    Been there done that. Apartment living ain't all it's cracked up to be.

When you rent an apartment, you're still flushing your wealth into a money pit. You're paying for something you don't own, to make somebody else rich.

Which is why eventually I *will* be getting a condo or a house. Probably not until I have a serious girlfriend on the way to marriage, however. In the meantime - it's good to be single and buying a DeLorean.

My VIN:    5311

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Mayhaps move out on your own BEFORE buying a DeLorean? You live with your parents, or in at least close enough proximity that they're sharing space with you. Fix that first.

Priorities.
    - Chris

what

I bought some toys before I moved out on my own. Granted they weren't Delorean level toys but they were still big toys. If this guy gets along with his parents and has no issues living at home I don't see why his priority needs to be to leave. I know some more traditional families whose kids don't leave the house until they are ready to get married.
    Red
    VIN 4534
    Born - October 1981

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny_Z View Post
    If this guy ... has no issues living at home I don't see why his priority needs to be to leave.

Quote Originally Posted by TurboCoder3000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dmc6960 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboCoder3000 View Post
    I don't have a garage to store a DeLorean in because it's taken up by another car.
    Easy, kick out the other car. Surely it cannot be as important as a D?
    HAHAHA...not that easy. It's not my car. It's one of my parent's cars taking up the garage.
    - Chris

what

My VIN:    11596

Have fun getting a serious gf while living at home. This is awkward because in 2000 I bought a D while living at home but back then things were different, money was easy, and the economy was booming. I would never do that today.

I am 30 and I look back at all the thousands I put into my D in nearly 12 years ... And all the missed investment opportunities.

OP, get your own house first. Chicks don't think loving at home is cool. Sounds like you have plenty of life ahead of you for buying DeLoreans.

Just my opinion.
    Andy Lien

VIN 11596 Jan 1982 build - owned since Nov. 2000!
    Total frame-off restoration completed 2021-2023

Photography and Backpacking is life.

Was Fargo, ND
    Now Kansas City

Quote Originally Posted by 82DMC12 View Post
    Have fun getting a serious gf while living at home. This is awkward because in 2000 I bought a D while living at home but back then things were different, money was easy, and the economy was booming. I would never do that today.

I am 30 and I look back at all the thousands I put into my D in nearly 12 years ... And all the missed investment opportunities.

OP, get your own house first. Chicks don't think loving at home is cool. Sounds like you have plenty of life ahead of you for buying DeLoreans.

Just my opinion.
    All of this.

Even if you negate the relationship aspect, unless you're a minor or working through college or on hard times you really shouldn't be living with your parents. Not only is it just plain unhealthy, it's also stealing time from them being able to finally go back to living their own lives. I don't know them personally, but they could even end up resenting the decision to get the car. ("What, he can go out and get this exotic car but he can't get a place of his own?") They may or may not take that view, but it's still kinda selfish in my opinion.

Then factoring BACK in any potential desire for a serious girlfriend or boyfriend, you've definitely got a serious issue with priorities. Getting your own place really should be top of the list.

But yeah, this is all my opinion too.
    - Chris

what

You're basing his parental relationship on the fact his parents don't want to push their car out in the weather? We don't know that the car in the garage is more important than a D. There could be an original Cobra in there for all we know.
    Red
    VIN 4534
    Born - October 1981

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast