FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Getting My First DeLorean...finally

My VIN:    5311

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny_Z View Post
    You're basing his parental relationship on the fact his parents don't want to push their car out in the weather? We don't know that the car in the garage is more important than a D. There could be an original Cobra in there for all we know.
    Who said anything about making judgement calls on his relationship with his parents? It doesn't matter what kind of car is in the garage or whether it's more or less important, the point was made that "if there are no issues with him living with his parents then it's fine". So I made the point that needing garage space and not having it constitutes an "issue" with living with his parents. It's pretty simple, actually.

I love my parents and they love me, but I wouldn't be able to cram both of my cars and all of my shit into their house while I came and lived with them. That's an "issue". It doesn't say anything about my relationship with them, it says I need my own place.
    - Chris

what

My VIN:    4534

By "issues with parents" I meant relationship related, not problems with space. At this point we'd just be arguing over the definition of "issue." To me an issue is something that will take a major overhaul to fix. A problem is a minor annoyance that could be ignored. My engine threw a rod, that's an issue. My AC is leaking, that's a problem. At least in my opinion.
    Red
    VIN 4534
    Born - October 1981
    Brought back to life - July 2011

My VIN:    11596

OP should have put his DeLorean money in an index fund and made 1.5% on Friday alone. As a finance major I have to point this out. Deloreans are fun but so is free money.
    Andy Lien

VIN 11596 Jan 1982 build - owned since Nov. 2000!
    Total frame-off restoration completed 2021-2023

Photography and Backpacking is life.

Was Fargo, ND
    Now Kansas City

Guys, guys guys...it's all cool and there's nothing to be concerned about. I pay rent to my parents and I contribute. It's not like I lack my own space - I have my own private bedroom downstairs with its own bathroom and everything I need. I pay for all of my own stuff, do my own laundry, etc. It's not like I'm not pulling my weight around here. So the relationship with my parents is excellent. My mom just prefers to have her car in the garage because it is still a new, very nice SUV. It's very understandable and I'm not going against that, so I will pay for my own climate controlled DeLorean storage unit.

I'd rather buy a condo or a house over renting an apartment, which will definitely be happening. Besides, why not make a dream come true first along the way?

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Oh dear lord, I hate to see a walking stereotype but

1. Computer programmer(based on your username)
    2. Lives in his parents basement
    3. Owns a DeLorean

👿

J/k, sorry, couldn't resist.

Welcome to the forum btw.
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

Quote Originally Posted by Dangermouse View Post
    Oh dear lord, I hate to see a walking stereotype but

1. Computer programmer(based on your username)
    2. Lives in his parents basement
    3. Owns a DeLorean

J/k, sorry, couldn't resist.

Welcome to the forum btw.
    HAHAHA...love it!

Well, a kick @$$ web developer/designer.

Quote Originally Posted by TurboCoder3000 View Post
    HAHAHA...love it!

Well, a kick @$$ web developer/designer.
    *vomit* Oh god. No offense, but no. You're not.

I've been in this industry long enough to know that anyone who calls themselves a "web developer" or a "web designer" sucks at both. Moreso if in doing so they refer to themselves as "kick @$$" or any variant thereof.

Forgive the topic deviation, but I had to comment. It's people like you that make sure people like me have work. (I work in network security.) The last article I wrote for my company's quarterly newsletter pissed some developers off because I made it very clear how much they all suck. You're no exception.

If you didn't, you'd already have your DeLorean. Heh.
    - Chris

what

Hey, I'm not calling myself that - I've been professionally rewarded & compensated for my work accordingly. Which is *why* I'm able to get my DeLorean now.

I am constantly correcting others' work because they don't follow W3C standards, don't bother following the rules of various DOCTYPES, don't follow cross browser, cross platform best practices, or even concentrating on the user experience, and they generally make it a nightmare for others to follow their code when I go in to correct it.

I'm very interested in reading your article though. I doubt it would piss me off, however and I would probably agree with you on how the majority of developers suck.

Quote Originally Posted by TurboCoder3000 View Post
    I am constantly correcting others' work because they don't follow W3C standards, don't bother following the rules of various DOCTYPES, don't follow cross browser, cross platform best practices, or even concentrating on the user experience, and they generally make it a nightmare for others to follow their code when I go in to correct it.
    Well then as long as you actually DO know what the fuck, color me impressed.

All of that is markup-based though. (Designer shit.) Developer shit is less to do with standards and more to do with not being a complete idiot. (XSS, or insert any other webapp vulnerability flavor of the month here.)
    - Chris

what

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

I understood all of 2 words in those last two posts: shit and fuck

Does that make me a developer?
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast