FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 DeLorean Wall Calandars

My VIN:    3472 (former), 1141

Club(s):   (RMDG) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Question 2013 DeLorean Wall Calandars

Hello all. I produced DeLorean wall calendars for a few years (2007 - 2010) and after a break while I have been DeLorean-less, I am thinking about creating a new Calendar for 2013. . .and I need your help. As I have done in the past, I want to solicit pictures from the folks that are on this forum of their cars in cool settings, etc. I need 13 pictures total, 1 for the cover and 1 for each of the 12 months. . . and usually make the cover car the picture that I think i the coolest (usually - there also needs to be room for calendar title, etc.

What, you ask, do you get in return for providing a picture? For just that, nothing (sorry!) BUT, if I use one of your pictures I will let you purchase a calendar at my cost - $20.99 (for everyone else the price is marked up $2.00 to cover my time putting everything together - $22.99). When offered for purchase, they will be available on my CafePress store at http://www.cafepress.com/dmc12. I will at a minimum do a 17 x 11 inch calendar (with enough submissions), but may also do an 8 1/2 x 11 version ($16.99 my cost, $18.99 sales price)

So, if you are interested in having your car immortalized (at least for 2013), please send your pictures my way. You can either PM be here, or send them my direction via email [email protected]. I need HIGH QUALITY images (just because your phone has high resolution does not mean that the pics will work good in print with the small crappy lenses and SW on most phones). Specifically, I need images that will scale well for a 17 x 11 inch calendar picture at around 200 DPI (or approx 3500 x 2300 for the dimensions) - no idea what any of that means - feel free to forward my way and I will let you know if it will work or not.

I usually choose pics on a first come-first served basis (assuming that it will scale - and I usually prefer just the cars, no people - though I know from recent posts that there are some Irish gals that some folks would not mind seeing more of). Please let me know if there are any questions.

For anyone that has worked with me on this in the past, or purchased one of these, feel free to chime in on what you thought of the process, the final product, etc.

Here are some examples of the past cover images for the calendars:

2007:
    2007.jpg

2008:
    2008.jpg

2009:
    2009.jpg

2010:
    2010.jpg

Finally - my 2 favorite pictures from 2009:
    2009-04.jpg
    2009-07.jpg
    Last edited by Michael Babb; 09-15-2012 at 11:10 AM. Reason: spelling
    Michael Babb

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Are the dimensions of the calendar 17x22ish when hung on the wall?
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

My VIN:    ex-01678

I am very pleased to see you are going to do this again. I still have the 4 calendars I purchased because they are so nice. Everyone should buy one.

Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by Dangermouse View Post
    Are the dimensions of the calendar 17x22ish when hung on the wall?
    That is correct. The smaller ones (if they get created) are 11 x 8.5 so open up to 11 x 17 when on the wall. I love the oversized ones as they really show off the cars . . .but they are big!
    Michael Babb

My VIN:    3028

That is a good idea. I will look forward to one.

Location:  Burnsville MN-Moving to Kalispell MT. in June 20111

My VIN:    2691

girl calendar?

I think the calendar should feature girls!

My VIN:    5311

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by SS Spoiler View Post
    I think the calendar should feature girls!
    Everything should feature girls. But a DeLorean calendar should feature DeLoreans.

That being said, there's a thread for that: http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?40...Deloreans-NSFW!
    - Chris

what

In the week since I posted this I have gotten 2 picture submissions (thanks again to both - they are great pics). Anyone else interested in seeing there car on a calendar next year? I know from looking at some of the albums that there are some great pictures out there . . .

For the Moderators - since there is nothing for sale as of yet, is there a better place on the forum to post this kind of request? Don't want to violate protocol.

thanks again all!
    Michael Babb

My VIN:    02261

Club(s):   (PNDC)

M. Babb.

I was wondering what happened to those awesome DeLorean wall calendars you used to sell. I even got one of your 100% cotton Tote Bags that I use for grocery shopping. Some times I show it to people at work since there is a DeLorean printed on it.
    I will gladly submit some pictures but unfortunately I have reduced the file size a lot to allow more pictures to fit onto my computer. I never planned on enlarging and printing the pictures so I don't know if any will work for your wall calendar.
    Mark Vanyo
    Links to DeLorean related web sites!
    http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?19...s-Part-I-of-II.

Exclamation Calendars are available!!!

I am excited to announce that the 2013 DeLorean Wall Calendars are now available! Please check out http://www.cafepress.com/dmc12 for all of the DeLorean related gear that I have created.

There are 4 calendar options available:

A "Standard" sized calendar (8 1/2 x 11 inches), An "Oversized" calendar (11 x 17 inch images), and a single page calendar featuring the following cover image:

And a Vertical wall calendar (11 x 17 folded size, but with 11 x 11 inch images):

Thank you, thank you, thank you to all of you that have sent in images - no way this would have been completed without your help! Thanks as well in advance to anyone that takes the time to look at these (they make great presents!!!)

Please check out the store and let me know what you think! CafePress sets the base prices, but they often have coupons, especially with the holidays approaching that can make these items a little less expensive.

Have an idea for something that you think would be cool on a t-shirt, mug, etc. let me know and if I use your idea will give you a link to get those items at cost. (If you are already a graphics savvy person, you can open your own shop, or just create your own products for personal use at the main http://www.cafepress.com site.

Thanks!
    Michael Babb

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast