FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: LED lights that actually fill up the door light lens.

My VIN:    3299

Hey guys!

Wow, alot of discussion coming from this thread. I respect everyone's inputs and ideas - and not knocking anyone's input.

My reason for posting the thread was just in case anyone wants to just do a "plug and play" job with LEDs, those were the ones I used, and they light up the door lenses like nobody's business. Unfortunately, the pictures don't always do justice. Take my word for it - I am very pleased with how they came out, and they are a WORLD of difference in comparison to the old "cluster" LEDs I installed back in 2004.

Anyways, carry on! I just wanted to clarify my original post is for those who choose to "plug and play".
    DMCTalk.org Moderator

Actual snippet of a conversation from Sept 2013:

Me: Eddie, I can't wait to get the car back when you're done with it.

Eddie: Yeah, you'll be able to give the car gas, and it won't be - like - embarrassing....

Quote Originally Posted by citizen View Post
    Maybe what I used is not actually construction paper. It's more of like colored printer paper, same thickness as copier paper, and not used for building stuff. You can see in the picture using the "colored" paper that very little light is lost.
    Thanks for the clarification! I was wondering how construction paper did so well. Copier paper makes much more sense. I'll toy around with tissue paper first to see how that works, then move on to copy paper if that doesn't work out too well.

Quote Originally Posted by DeLorean03 View Post
    My reason for posting the thread was just in case anyone wants to just do a "plug and play" job with LEDs, those were the ones I used, and they light up the door lenses like nobody's business. Unfortunately, the pictures don't always do justice. Take my word for it - I am very pleased with how they came out, and they are a WORLD of difference in comparison to the old "cluster" LEDs I installed back in 2004.

Anyways, carry on! I just wanted to clarify my original post is for those who choose to "plug and play".
    Indeed, and I greatly appreciate you posting the pictures and part numbers to the bulbs you used! I was mostly curious on how to get even coverage with the extra brightness.

My VIN:    03572

Quote Originally Posted by RIUM+ View Post
    One of the other big things you can do to even out the light spread is to paint the inside of the light housing white. A latex/acrylic-based house paint is fine for the job, it'll bond to the rubber without damaging it or flaking off. The internal light reflections will increase the brightness plus even out its spread.

The same can be said for the tail lights. Use a small brush & paint as much of the sides white as you can reach. I need to get around to uploading those before/after photos, but that's probably for another thread...
    I did that also but used aluminum rust-olem paint. Just brushed it on the inside of the black rubber housing. It helps a little when your looking at them at angles to the lens.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3