FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Body and frame $500

My VIN:    Formerly 0774, Formerly 3165 twice

Club(s):   (DMA) (LINY-DMC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by LEVY View Post
    Not much to part out!

This person is selling pontoon and frame only, no additional parts, read the description.

What I don't understand is why people start with a low starting price when in fact they have a reserve price much higher.

LEVY
    For $1200 its worth it for the frame alone even if he junks the rest. $1200 for a frame alone in fair shape is a steal. I read the descriptio.
    Chris Piazza
    1GR8STRY
    Owner of 3165 by default

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

What I don't understand is why people start with a low starting price when in fact they have a reserve price much higher.

LEVY
    You have to understand the logistics of ebay and bidding practices. People will bid more often if the starting price is lower, this helps to get them "on the hook". The lower the starting bid, the more people will bid on a item. If you were going to start bidding at your limit of what you will take, then the need to even have a reserve disappears. Now what's really throwing your money away is adding a "buy it now" price and not having a reserve with a low starting bid. If there is no reserve the first bid eliminates the "buy it now" option.
    http://dmctalk.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90&dateline=161808992  9

Quote Originally Posted by DMC3165 View Post
    Nick, For the frame alone you should buy this car and part out the rest. IMHO 774's frame was in catastrophic shape way back when I can't imagine what it's like now. Not to mention you can now see parts of the frame now that i never could with the car assembled. Have you posted detailed pics of the frame here yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by DMC3165 View Post
    For $1200 its worth it for the frame alone even if he junks the rest. $1200 for a frame alone in fair shape is a steal. I read the descriptio.
    Agreed, but you said to keep the frame and part out the rest, after you take the frame there is nothing left to part out, just the fiberglass body unless you cut it in pieces and sell them.

I just pointed that out so others don't get confused.

LEVY
    I would work extra hard at whatever I was doing to become so good at it and that I would never have to kiss anyone's fanny to keep my job. And I never have and I never will.

John Z. De Lorean

Club(s):   (DCF)

Agreed, but you said to keep the frame and part out the rest, after you take the frame there is nothing left to part out, just the fiberglass body unless you cut it in pieces and sell them.

I just pointed that out so others don't get confused.

LEVY
    Unless you have a rolling tub. Then there's money in it

The winner of this auction got a very good deal.
    Former Owner : 4875

My VIN:    1768

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Outside of some place like DMCH, I dont see much of a market for a underbody to be parted out, I was under the impression that corners of other pre cut up underbodies were around, it would be a shame to cut up another.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3