FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Body and frame $500

Quote Originally Posted by Delorean02378 View Post
    Mileage (49,526) is too high for Houston. If anyone has questions on the frame or pontoon, PM me.

Kirk
    I don't see why, they can prove it was restored from ZERO, only frame/pontoon and VIN belongs to the original vehicle (That is if they frame, VIN & pontoon on the same vehicle).

LEVY
    I would work extra hard at whatever I was doing to become so good at it and that I would never have to kiss anyone's fanny to keep my job. And I never have and I never will.

John Z. De Lorean

My VIN:    Former owner of 1098

Club(s):   (DCF)

I really wish this would have been available when I was restoring my frame.
    Brandon S.

2014 Honda Civic EX
    2007 Volvo S60R

My VIN:    2808 6921

Club(s):   (DCVA) (DCUK)

I would totally make that thing into a Time Machine!

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Quote Originally Posted by LEVY View Post
    I don't see why, they can prove it was restored from ZERO, only frame/pontoon and VIN belongs to the original vehicle (That is if they frame, VIN & pontoon on the same vehicle).

LEVY
    Not to turn this into a refub. discussion, but the mileage stays the same reguardless of what they replace or change...it follows the vin around like a ghost so what he is saying is it's hard for DMCH to convince someone to pay $57k+ fo a "new" car showing that kind of mileage. My car was remanufactured at 29k miles showing, and when it was complete with a brand new engine, transmission, frame, speedometer, etc. the mileage must BY LAW be set to the mileage showing on the title at time of transfer....which is but ONE reason I don't like the term "New Build"
    http://dmctalk.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90&dateline=161808992  9

My VIN:    1768

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Well who would stop you from taking the odometer back out and zeroing it yourself? its not that hard to do. DMCH is required to leave it. If I bought a referb I would do that.

I zero the odometer on my friends's road race bmw every time we rebuild the engine as an easy and neat way to keep track of the engine's lifespan, but thats another matter, sorry to go off on a tangent.

DMC Midwest - 815.459.6439 DMCMW Dave's Avatar

My VIN:    (former)05429

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by vwdmc16 View Post
    Well who would stop you from taking the odometer back out and zeroing it yourself? .
    1 - Ethics
    2 - Carfax/Autocheck
    Dave S
    DMC Midwest - retired but helping
    Greenville SC

Quote Originally Posted by DMCMW Dave View Post
    1 - Ethics
    2 - Carfax/Autocheck
    Mainly Autocheck/Carfax!

LEVY
    I would work extra hard at whatever I was doing to become so good at it and that I would never have to kiss anyone's fanny to keep my job. And I never have and I never will.

John Z. De Lorean

Builder of the first Delorean Time Machine

My VIN:    2072

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by vwdmc16 View Post
    Well who would stop you from taking the odometer back out and zeroing it yourself?
    My car has 70k on it right now. I'm planning to do just that...by driving another 30k miles.

--buddy

My VIN:    Formerly 0774, Formerly 3165 twice

Club(s):   (DMA) (LINY-DMC) (DCUK)

Nick, For the frame alone you should buy this car and part out the rest. IMHO 774's frame was in catastrophic shape way back when I can't imagine what it's like now. Not to mention you can now see parts of the frame now that i never could with the car assembled. Have you posted detailed pics of the frame here yet?
    Chris Piazza
    1GR8STRY
    Owner of 3165 by default

Quote Originally Posted by DMC3165 View Post
    Nick, For the frame alone you should buy this car and part out the rest. IMHO 774's frame was in catastrophic shape way back when I can't imagine what it's like now. Not to mention you can now see parts of the frame now that i never could with the car assembled. Have you posted detailed pics of the frame here yet?
    Not much to part out!

This person is selling pontoon and frame only, no additional parts, read the description.

What I don't understand is why people start with a low starting price when in fact they have a reserve price much higher.

LEVY

John Z. De Lorean

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast