Quote Originally Posted by EMDF View Post
Correction: broke car enthusiast. Chris Burns has been wanting a DeLorean for years now, and simply cannot afford one, but is still arguably one of the biggest enthusiasts on this forum. I don't see him trading his daily driver for any other kind of car, regardless of what it is. Maybe this guy's in the same boat.

Who knows, his other car may be a DeLorean

But see that's the thing: the brake pad was very much intact, which means it didn't wear down to the indicator, so it would not have produced any noticeable sound. If it had generic steel wheels, it's actually impressive it was noticed period, considering how bad it was. Once it gets to that point where there is zero rotor left for the caliper to grab, if the owner doesn't realize there's a difference, it may very well only be noticed when the tires are replaced or the owner gets a flat.
First part was a joke. Could be a
Mercury Maurader!

While the outboard pad is intact there is nothing left of the inboard one as far as I can see. Otherwise, what wore the rotor away?

So there must have been some sort of grinding noise as the pad was consumed including the wear indicator, if fitted. And then through the backing pad. I'm surprised there wasn't some smoke and sparks too.