FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Oh no Fuel leak!!!

Oh no Fuel leak!!!

No, I'm not stuck in an 1880s cave in Hill Valley...Found a fuel leak in the DeLorean. Turned the ignition on (priming fuel pump and lines) to move her back in the garage and noticed that distinct odor of 93 octane. Looked on the ground saw a little trail, looked a little further and saw the drip drip coming from the car's centerline. My gut tells me it's that mess of fuel lines and hose clamps on the fuel accumulator. Any other ideas?
    1-800-273-8255

Nothing witty here lest it offend

Quote Originally Posted by thirdmanj View Post
    No, I'm not stuck in an 1880s cave in Hill Valley...Found a fuel leak in the DeLorean. Turned the ignition on (priming fuel pump and lines) to move her back in the garage and noticed that distinct odor of 93 octane. Looked on the ground saw a little trail, looked a little further and saw the drip drip coming from the car's centerline. My gut tells me it's that mess of fuel lines and hose clamps on the fuel accumulator. Any other ideas?
    I'd start at the tank/filler neck and eliminate that first. Is the tank full?

I can check that, but I doubt it. She's at half a tank right now, and I think the leak was further aft. I don't have time to dig into it right now. Thanks for the tip on that though, I'll be sure to double check that connection too.
    1-800-273-8255

My VIN:    06960

FOR SALE: 1981 DMC-12 Gas flap hood, Stage II, Manual, Black interior, black wide stripe, 23,000 miles. Has a fuel leak. PM for more information.

Couldn't resist!
    Jim Reeve
    DMC6960

D-Status: - Getting some Spring exercise

^^^LoL^^^

Not for long fuck-munch.
    1-800-273-8255

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

If the leak is in the middle, center of the car it is likely a problem around the accumulator. You should also inspect the fuel tank area anyway. Once you get under the car the source will be easier to spot. Dangerous to drive the car like this.
    David Teitelbaum

My VIN:    Formerly 0774, Formerly 3165 twice

Club(s):   (DMA) (LINY-DMC) (DCUK)

Rumor was accumulator/hose leaks in that area are the #1 cause of fuel related fires. When I heard that I had all that stuff replaced and I check it at every PM service.
    Chris Piazza
    1GR8STRY
    Owner of 3165 by default

Like I said, that's what my gut tells me, but I'm stuck at work right now. So as I get off though I'm rippin' into it.
    1-800-273-8255

Ok, status report: got the car all nice a safely jacked up. Turned the key to prime the pump, pumped primed and no fuel leak. Started car and ran for about 5 minutes. No fuel leak. Shut down engine. Turned key to prime again and still no leak. Remember, yesterday a saw a no shit trail of fuel AND dripping from the centerline of the car. Now theres not even a trace of it. thanks again for the help guys!
    1-800-273-8255

My VIN:    5186

Is it possible that it was a condensate drip from the AC unit which might come from the center of the car?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast