FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Oh no Fuel leak!!!

My VIN:    03572

I had an occasional leak on my car. It turned out to be the return line pipe fittings needed to be cleaned and reassembled. But that did not drip at the center of the car. It ran down the coolant pipe more on the passenger side.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Bitsyncmaster View Post
    I had an occasional leak on my car. It turned out to be the return line pipe fittings needed to be cleaned and reassembled. But that did not drip at the center of the car. It ran down the coolant pipe more on the passenger side.
    Was that still more centered and comming out the bottom? I guess I'm a little unclear sat to where it was on your car. Because that always is a possibility.
    1-800-273-8255

My VIN:    03572

Quote Originally Posted by thirdmanj View Post
    Was that still more centered and comming out the bottom? I guess I'm a little unclear sat to where it was on your car. Because that always is a possibility.
    I could see a drip mark on the garage floor about even with firewall but more so on the passenger side (maybe a foot right of center). I thought it was a coolant leak at first but that spot on the floor would evaporate quickly.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Ok, status report: got the car all nice a safely jacked up. Turned the key to prime the pump, pumped primed and no fuel leak. Started car and ran for about 5 minutes. No fuel leak. Shut down engine. Turned key to prime again and still no leak. Remember, yesterday a saw a no shit trail of fuel AND dripping from the centerline of the car. Now theres not even a trace of it. thanks again for the help guys!
    Sounds like a leak mine had. There was a pinhole in a hose at the accumulator. It was shooting a very fine stream of fuel way down inside the frame...fun to find when you jack it up and where it drips changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Bitsyncmaster View Post
    I could see a drip mark on the garage floor about even with firewall but more so on the passenger side (maybe a foot right of center). I thought it was a coolant leak at first but that spot on the floor would evaporate quickly.
    Hmmm, I don't think that quite fits my problem... But I've got my Exploda -View out looking at lines. I'm really stumped though. I've run her, primed her, ruuuuun, prime prime prime. Nothing, nada, zip. Not even a hint of fuel odor.
    1-800-273-8255

Nothing witty here lest it offend

Hmmm, I don't think that quite fits my problem... But I've got my Exploda -View out looking at lines. I'm really stumped though. I've run her, primed her, ruuuuun, prime prime prime. Nothing, nada, zip. Not even a hint of fuel odor.
    You might need the fuel sloshing around to find the leak again, though. Maybe just pull forward a few feet and do some hard braking, and then shut it down. And have someone at the ready with an extinguisher just in case

Quote Originally Posted by Jim D View Post
    Is it possible that it was a condensate drip from the AC unit which might come from the center of the car?
    I want to find the tec to condense gasoline from the atmosphere! Hells yes bitches! I'd be rollin' in some mad money then! . A fine idea Jim, but you're forgetting the part where the mysterious liquid was determined to be gasoline.

Anyways, update. I was right. After my weekend trip, I primed the fuel system again. Tah dah!! Leaking! Exactly what I thought it was, loose hose clamp on the accumulator. Status: FIXED
    1-800-273-8255

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2