FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Thoughts on DMC-Ev

My VIN:    6679

Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    do you honestly think there is only one company in the USA that does EV conversions?
    Indeed, a solar company here in Australia has converted a DeLorean as a proof of concept.
    Chris

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Links! We need links dammit. !

Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

Mostly Harmless... refugeefromcalif's Avatar

My VIN:    6599

Gasoline!
    We Need gasoline!

George

Sorry, I just Had too.

(It's those voices in my head)...
    George.

1974 BMW RS90 motorcycle
    1981 DeLorean. Cruise Control, Wings-A-Loft, Eibach springs, Spax shocks, Stage1 exhaust, Manual, Grey and Grooved, LED clock and fixed pulls.
    1993 del Sol S (With a Few, Upgrades)
    2017 Chrysler Pacifica Limited

The DIY kit is very simple. Find a donor car that doesnt run for less than $10k and drop it off at the place that is doing EV work for DMCH. DMCH isn't creating EV cars. DMCH is paying someone to convert existing cars and is taking credit for some of the work.

The is no reason someone can't bring their own car to the same company to have a conversion done at a reduced price.
    Yes, I was joking, however, on your post above you wrote that the-re is no reason someone can't bring their own car to "the same company" to have the conversion.............

Yes, I know there are more companies that can do the conversion.

LEVY

I hope you are joking about the AutoZone crossover.
    On a serious note, do you honestly think there is only one company in the USA that does EV conversions? Do a quick Google search and you will find plenty of other companies willing to do the same type of conversion.

Wait another three years and Goldie Wilson III will even do a hover conversion for you for only $39,999.95.
    I would work extra hard at whatever I was doing to become so good at it and that I would never have to kiss anyone's fanny to keep my job. And I never have and I never will.

John Z. De Lorean

My VIN:    16619

I hope you are joking about the AutoZone crossover.

On a serious note, do you honestly think there is only one company in the USA that does EV conversions? Do a quick Google search and you will find plenty of other companies willing to do the same type of conversion.

Wait another three years and Goldie Wilson III will even do a hover conversion for you for only $39,999.95.
    I couldn't find much in regards with an AC Synchronous Motor, EVSE Connector and CAN setup. Most I could find is a cable converter for EVSE and a very weak AC Motor(don't think it said if it was Induction or Sync).

Granted there are lots of EV Conversion kits, if there was a company that worked with Supplier Companies to make a more Universal Fit EV Conversion thats up to Safety and Reliability Standards for today's vehicles, then this company would probably bank.

Banned

My VIN:    16510 and carbureted

Club(s):   (GCD) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Exolis View Post
    I couldn't find much in regards with an AC Synchronous Motor, EVSE Connector and CAN setup. Most I could find is a cable converter for EVSE and a very weak AC Motor(don't think it said if it was Induction or Sync).

Granted there are lots of EV Conversion kits, if there was a company that worked with Supplier Companies to make a more Universal Fit EV Conversion thats up to Safety and Reliability Standards for today's vehicles, then this company would probably bank.
    This company claims they can convert a car for $25k to $30k and it will have a range of up to 100 miles.

http://www.leftcoastelectric.com/con...-services.html

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4