FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Pics of the BTTF Delorean needed

My VIN:    07000

Pics of the BTTF Delorean needed

Hi guys,
    I haven't been posting here a lot as I've spent the last 3 years building a full-scale R/C replica of R2D2 (http://www.droidbuild.wordpress.com).
    Anyway, during the day I'm a UX designer for Trapster, which is an app that lets users know where speed traps are when driving. I'm working on adding some new features, and one happens to give users the ability to choose a custom theme for the app on their Android or iOS phone. One of the themes I want to incorporate is a BTTF theme, and I'm working now on putting together a pitch for the team and upper-ups (there would be other themes like a 67 TBird, Star Wars Landspeeder and so on).
    I've been looking on the interwebs for a top down or high-angle view of the BTTF from the rear (to replace an arrow icon we use now).
    Does anyone have or know where I can find something, or does anyone in San Diego have a BTTF D that I can take some pics of?

Thanks!

Greg

My VIN:    4456 - Owner since March 2011

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Quote Originally Posted by Timebender View Post
    Hi guys,
    I haven't been posting here a lot as I've spent the last 3 years building a full-scale R/C replica of R2D2 (http://www.droidbuild.wordpress.com).
    Anyway, during the day I'm a UX designer for Trapster, which is an app that lets users know where speed traps are when driving. I'm working on adding some new features, and one happens to give users the ability to choose a custom theme for the app on their Android or iOS phone. One of the themes I want to incorporate is a BTTF theme, and I'm working now on putting together a pitch for the team and upper-ups (there would be other themes like a 67 TBird, Star Wars Landspeeder and so on).
    I've been looking on the interwebs for a top down or high-angle view of the BTTF from the rear (to replace an arrow icon we use now).
    Does anyone have or know where I can find something, or does anyone in San Diego have a BTTF D that I can take some pics of?

Thanks!

Greg
    You might want to talk to one of the replica owners or builders. More likely than not they have good quality photos of their cars and you wouldn't need to jumb through any legal hoops to get them though they may want credit or such.

Cheers
    Steve
    Cheers
    Steven Maguire

IT'S A TRAP!!!!!

Thanks Steve. For now it's just as a pitch to the rest of the team, and if we get to go in that direction, we'll do what we need for permissions, licensing from Universal/Dreamworks and so on.

Greg

Just leave me out of it..

Just what resolution would you need for an icon? If it's not too high, you could easily take some photos of the smaller scaled models - or even the hot wheels version.

My VIN:    15880

I have some pictures on my replica on my website and up on facebook. www.rentthetimemachine.com If you want a specific picture, I'm sure I can send you something.

My VIN:    03238 Grey & Black Hybrid - Auto - work in progress Former owner 10902 - Universal 93 Raffle Car

Could I also put in a request that you do an android build compatible with Parrot Asteroid?

My VIN:    03238 Grey & Black Hybrid - Auto - work in progress Former owner 10902 - Universal 93 Raffle Car

Thanks everyone for the help and links.
    I found a good one, did a little Photoshop and then mocked up a Trapster screen with the BTTF theme for my presentation to the upper-ups a few weeks ago in Chicago. It went very well and now I'm starting talks with licensing at Universal, as well as some other studios (since the pitch was to offer themes for Trapster).

As far as the Parrot Asteroid, probably not going to happen..if they sold enough units to make it worth our while in UX, visual and dev time then maybe. Is it touch screen or using a D pad?

There's hundreds of thousands of Android handheld devices - probably not the case with the parrot...