FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Besides a Delorean, what classic cars do you admire

Besides a Delorean, what classic cars do you admire

I love Deloreans, but there are other old cars I admire. I enjoy IH scout 2s, with there bland and possibly ugly looks. But the one classic car for me that rivals the Delorean in my mind is the Aston Martain DB5, THE James Bond car. I just think it looks awesome!
    http://www.rmauctions.com/images/car...10_r101_01.jpg
    But for you guys, what kind of old car do you like?
    Evan, chilling in Colorado.
    Vin:IDK
    Interior:IDK
    That other stuff:IDK

My VIN:    6585

Scout II is a great choice. Not too fond of the front suspension setup with the angling of the shackles, but it's easily rectified.

I've a long list of cars that I'd love to own, and some that I plan on owning when I get the chance.

Fantasy Cars I absolutely love but will probably never have:
    My first car, a 1997 Hyundai Accent GS (the actual car I owned)
    Gold AmEx DeLorean
    Late model Ford GT (Either black, or light Ford Blue with a unique custom color scheme I already have in mind)

Cars I plan on Buying one day for myself:
    Ford Raptor
    Jeep TK
    1967 or 1977 400 Ford Thunderbird (want flat black base with dark green metallic flake & candy coat so it shines like a crow in the sun, and side pipes)
    Late 60's Mercury Cougar
    Jaguar XJS (I just want to own a V12 before I die)

Cars that if I found them at the right price at the right time I'd snatch up:
    Acura NSX
    Zimmer Quick Silver
    Lotus Esprit V8
    Pantera
    Aston Martin Lagonda
    Bricklin SV-1
    1948 Dodge Power Wagon
    Hummer H1 Diesel with 5-Speed tranny
    Mazda RX-8
    Mazda Miata
    Robert

People they come together, people they fall apart...

My VIN:    05141

Only one...

Countach!!!! No doubt at all.
    But just to admire... to dream but to own... not the kind of cash I'd spend on a car.
    They say the Lamborghini Countach is extreem in every possible way, Looks, performance, consumption, price; maintenance....

But they are so beautiful still today, far better looking than the new Lambo models. Personal opinion anyway. But I heard they are not to comfortabe to drive, certainly not for longer trips. It does not score so much in reliability eihter. That is why I love my D, very reliable, comfy cruiser, afordable. Do not shun the non-believer, but in looks the Delorean can not cope with the Italian bull.
    I wonder if Lambo would relaunch de Countach, roughly the same lines, but more updated... how it would sell.

Jan

Steering with power

My VIN:    Formerly 0774, Formerly 3165 twice

Club(s):   (DMA) (LINY-DMC) (DCUK)

DeTomaso Pantera GT5. Such a cool car. Not crazy to maintaion like a Lambo or a Ferrari. Another one I'd like is an Aston Martin DBS. Not a classic but an awesome car all the same. There are so many other but right now I'll be happy if I can just hang on to my D. But that's a whole other story.
    Chris Piazza
    1GR8STRY
    Owner of 3165 by default

My VIN:    16336 (SOLD)

I've always had a thing for DeTomaso Panteras and Mangustas. But, unless I shrink a foot, it's too uncomfortable to be in either car for more than 10 minutes.

I love the lines from the Lamborghini Miura, 1962 Ferrari 250 GTO, and the Ferrari 250 TR. I always liked the older ferraris that reminded me of the bad guy cars from Speed Racer.

Then you have the muscle cars, then there are the deco area cars, etc... it just goes on and on...
    One of DMCTalk.org's original admins

Mainly lurking, just passing through. Still enjoying reading about everyone's progress.

Club(s):   (DMCNE)

Muscle cars. Mainly Chevys, but I can appreciate any of the various marques. I have a particular fondness for the 1970 Chevelle LS6, probably one of, if not, my favorite car. 1st gen Corvettes are beautiful as well. I also have a soft spot for vintage pickups. I got my start working on old Chevy trucks, so I will always be fond of them. Frankly, I can appreciate any loved classic. If someone loves a car enough to restore it, take car of it and generally adore it forever, even if its a Yugo, a Honda Accord or some other run of the mill car, I can appreciate it. If you are willing to spin a wrench and make that car your own, it deserves respect.

My VIN:    04610

Quote Originally Posted by john 05141 View Post
    Only one...

Countach!!!! No doubt at all.
    But just to admire... to dream but to own... not the kind of cash I'd spend on a car.
    They say the Lamborghini Countach is extreem in every possible way, Looks, performance, consumption, price; maintenance....

But they are so beautiful still today, far better looking than the new Lambo models. Personal opinion anyway. But I heard they are not to comfortabe to drive, certainly not for longer trips. It does not score so much in reliability eihter. That is why I love my D, very reliable, comfy cruiser, afordable. Do not shun the non-believer, but in looks the Delorean can not cope with the Italian bull.
    I wonder if Lambo would relaunch de Countach, roughly the same lines, but more updated... how it would sell.

Jan
    The Countach is also one of my alltime favourites! I once had the opportunity to drive one, I had the keys in my hand but I couldn't fit behind the wheel (I'm about 6'3). I think the owner secretly knew that I wasn't gonna fit behind the wheel, but I did get the chance to be a passenger in the Countach. I got to admit, it was a tight fit, but I got in eventually! It's very cramped inside and it rides bonehard, but I had the best time of my life! Unfortunatly, I could never own one, not only because I can't fit in it, also the prices of these are going up as we speak.

I think I'll stay with my DeLorean for a long time to come (at least I can fit in that) ...

My VIN:    4534

Quote Originally Posted by bladerunner View Post
    If someone loves a car enough to restore it, take car of it and generally adore it forever, even if its a Yugo, a Honda Accord or some other run of the mill car, I can appreciate it. If you are willing to spin a wrench and make that car your own, it deserves respect.
    This is exactly how the car hobby should be.

I'm into classic cars. Very few modern cars really get my attention.

I've got a 66 Mustang and 66 Nova. I love them both and really miss driving the Nova.
    I think the late 60s/early 70s Chargers had great lines but I can't see myself owning one.
    The first gen Camaros have always been awesome. I like the fifth generation ones as well.
    I would love a first and second generation Vette. They are the only Vette I like.
    I want a VW bug, somewhere between 63 and 69.

Other than that there's a lot of cars I like for their performance or style. Way too many to list.
    Red
    VIN 4534
    Born - October 1981
    Brought back to life - July 2011

My VIN:    6654

Club(s):   (DCF)

Cobra
    Thanks,
    Lenny

DMCH New Build in 2005, Stage II, DPI Stainless Exhaust, Eibach Suspension, 170 Mph Speedometer, Xenon Lights, Wings-A-Loft, DMC Wide Angle Side Mirrors, 3rd Brake Light

Club(s):   (DMCNE)

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny_Z View Post
    This is exactly how the car hobby should be.

I'm into classic cars. Very few modern cars really get my attention.

I've got a 66 Mustang and 66 Nova. I love them both and really miss driving the Nova.
    I think the late 60s/early 70s Chargers had great lines but I can't see myself owning one.
    The first gen Camaros have always been awesome. I like the fifth generation ones as well.
    I would love a first and second generation Vette. They are the only Vette I like.
    I want a VW bug, somewhere between 63 and 69.

Other than that there's a lot of cars I like for their performance or style. Way too many to list.
    Kenny, sounds like you have quite the garage! All the cars you listed are right up my alley. I am with you on new cars. I like some of them, but most are just too uninteresting. Old cars, whatever they may be, have history to them. Whenever I see an old car in good shape, regardless of what it is, I always stop and look. I always think about what the owner goes through to keep that thing running and that makes me smile. A lot of guys I know are all down on kids they call tuners, because they drive "ricers" or foreign cars. Frankly, these kids loves their cars as much as that guy loves his 69 Camaro or his Countach for instance. That kid is also developing the needed skills to be able to work on their own ride. That right there is a budding car nut, and that is what I like to see.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast