FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: TMR - Restoring Marty's truck - the real one

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

TMR - Restoring Marty's truck - the real one

http://jalopnik.com/5947179/marty-mc...r-drug-cartels

From the TMR facebook page:

So, Marty McFly's SCREEN-USED Toyota 4x4 truck, used in both part II and part III of the 'Back to the Future' trilogy and one of the most iconic and desired movie vehicles of the 80's, has now not only been located, but it has been acquired!

Joe Walser, TMR's Team Leader and Terry Matalas, TMR's Producer (with an assist by teammate Eddie Dennis) located the truck recently in Southern California. Joe and Terry have purchased the truck and are planning a full TMR & Temporal FX level restoration to restore every square inch of Marty's truck back to it's original 1980's glory!

Along with the truck came a ton of crazy history - boxes of it, including all of the original "PARADOX" receipts from Universal for the work done to convert the truck into Marty's dream vehicle. We learned all about the crazy journey the truck's been on since filming, including it being stolen many years ago, and then recovered by the Federales in Mexico and returned! In time, we'll share the full story and all the details with you.

One of the most exciting things that came with the truck is Michael J. Fox's autograph - a note written on the passenger side sun visor to the original owner of the truck, that reads, "Keith - Many thanks. See you on something else I'm sure. Michael J. Fox". It's impossible to drive the vehicle and not imagine looking over and seeing Jennifer riding shotgun!

Or... looking out the driver's side window and saying, "Hey, Needles..." This is the actual truck that Michael J. Fox drove as Marty McFly when he decided not to race Needles in the end of part III (and didn't crash into the Rolls Royce!) The distinctive double roll bars with the KC truck lights are easy to spot in Part II and III. The truck used in part I had a single roll bar and was sadly demolished years ago, making this the only screen-used Marty McFly truck on the planet!

We're both incredibly excited and extremely proud to continue our roles as the caretakers of the most amazing legacy vehicles of the 'Back to the Future' trilogy - of the 80's - and arguably of all time!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

My VIN:    6125

I was really surprised to hear that this truck was still in one piece. It's been through quite a lot and for it to have escaped the chop shop/crusher and still have MJF's autograph in place is amazing. Plus it still has all the original paperwork to prove its history. Terry is on this forum occasionally so I'll leave it to him to make any additional comments, but i know for sure when the restoration team is done with the truck it will look exactly as it did on film back in 89/90.

My VIN:    2942

Thats cool, i restored mine a few years back.

DCP_0071.jpg

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

USED Toyota 4x4 truck, used in both part II and part III of the 'Back to the Future' trilogy and one of the most iconic and desired movie vehicles of the 80's
    Seriously??? I mean I think it's a good looking truck, but I think they are overhyping it just a bit.
    http://dmctalk.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90&dateline=161808992  9