FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: DeLorean Owner's Directory

DeLorean Owner's Directory

Greetings,

The most recent version (#4) of the new DeLorean Owner’s Directory (DOD) has been published, and can now be downloaded at any time by members in good standing from the Texas Club Website at www.txdmc.org. From the Texas Club home page, select “DOD” from the top navigation. Then follow the directions for downloading the directory.

This is the second publishing for 2012. The directory now boasts 1100 active members. The next publication is expected in April 2013.

SOME ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: The DOD, the DeLorean Registry, and the DeLorean Production Chronology are three different initiatives, each maintained by the Texas Club, but each with different goals in mind.

The DeLorean Production Chronology is an attempt to list every DeLorean automobile manufactured, and record its original factory configuration/build information. Interior and transmission information, as well as frame and engine numbers are included in this collection. Information is collected from original factory documents, VIN plates and other reliable sources. The Chronology currently has 8577 entries. This data is maintained by Shannon Birdwell.

The DeLorean Registry is an attempt to maintain certain latest information about the cars only. This includes last known locations, significant modification and conversion information, such as gold cars, painted, engine swaps (including electric), RHD, BTTF, wrecks, etc. Information is collected from the Production Chronology, current owner submissions, the numerous club web sites around the world, and notable news from various DeLorean sources, such as dmctalk.org. The registry currently contains 1170 VIN plate photos, as well as some other specialty photos of some cars. Vehicle information can be viewed by location (by country or by US state), and by specific configuration. This information is maintained by Shannon Birdwell and myself.

The DeLorean Owner’s Directory a collection of information about cars and their owners, and is collected and maintained solely from car owners themselves on a 100% volunteer basis. Types of data contributed include car/owner location, owner phone or email, number of cars, and contact preferences. Owner information submitted to the DOD is not modified in any way. In addition to the 1100 active members, there are an additional 302 inactive members, making the total 1402. The directory is never released to anyone but current members in good standing.

The Texas DeLorean Club receives no compensation or gifts for these efforts. These three information initiatives are provided free of charge as a service to the DeLorean community.

I hope this information is helpful, and I hope you’ll enjoy this latest publication of the new DeLorean Owner’s Directory.

Thomas Kidd

Corrected DOD published

A few state errors were discovered in the October 4th publishing of the DOD. These have been corrected, and the new directory has been posted. So if you would like the most recent & accurate copy, members can download it any time. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Thomas

New DOD Published

The most recent version (#6) of the new DeLorean Owner’s Directory (DOD) has been published, and can now be downloaded from the Texas Club Website at www.txdmc.org at any time by members in good standing. From the Texas Club home page, select “DOD” from the top navigation. Then follow the directions for downloading the directory.

This is the first publishing for 2013, and was originally slated for April, but delayed to allow our Canadian friends to do some updating. The directory now boasts 1115 active members. The next publication is expected in November 2013.

Keeper of the DeLorean Owners Directory, at www.DeloreanOwnersDirectory.net

Get the world's only DeLorean Mobile App Here

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Thomas,

does the pdf contain the details of both active and inactive members, or just the active ones? (I am too lazy to count)
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

Quote Originally Posted by Dangermouse View Post
    Thomas,

does the pdf contain the details of both active and inactive members, or just the active ones? (I am too lazy to count)
    Dermot -- The DOD pdf should only contain DOD members who's status is Active. The inactive entries, we just don't know about. However, Shannons chronology pdf should show every VIN he has information on, just not DOD information (like addresses, phone numbers, etc.).

Keeper of the DeLorean Owners Directory, at www.DeloreanOwnersDirectory.net

Get the world's only DeLorean Mobile App Here

New DOD Published

It is my pleasure to announce the most recent version (#7) of the new DeLorean Owners Directory (DOD) has been published, and can now be downloaded from the Texas Club web-site at www.txdmc.org at any time by members in good standing. From the Texas Club home page, select “DOD” from the top navigation. Then follow the directions for downloading the directory.

This is the second publishing for 2013, and now contains 1152 active members. The next publication is expected in May 2014.

Thomas

May 2014 DOD Published

The new DeLorean Owners Directory (DOD) has been published (#8, May 2014), and can now be downloaded from the Texas Club web-site at www.txdmc.org at any time by members in good standing. From the Texas Club home page, select “DOD” from the top navigation. Then follow the directions for downloading the directory.

This is the FIRST publishing for 2014, and now contains 1078 active members. This publication was timed to occur just a few weeks before DCS 2014 in Dayton, Ohio, so that members can print a copy and take with them on their voyage (might be good to have with you for your trip). The next publication is expected in November 2014.

Happy reading!

Thomas

July 2014 DOD Published

The close of the DeLorean Car Show in Dayton brought a number of people to signup to the DOD with either new entries or updates. So, I’ve decided to release a second mid-year publication (issue 9, July 2014). It is now available for current DOD members in good standing to download.

CoverPage.jpg

I had already been in the process of upgrading the format of the DOD, so this was also an opportunity to announce a few changes. First, the format of the main body of the DOD has changed. This was primarily to make it easier to read, but it also shortened the number of pages for this section. This main body lists members by their country/state and city.

Second, there is a new section after the main body, which lists all the owners by their VIN. This will allow lookup of members if the VIN is known, but the name or location is not known.

And finally, there is another new section which lists all owners by their last name. This allows lookup of members if their last name is known, but not their city or VIN.

I hope these general improvement in the new DOD will make it more friendly and usable.

Thomas

December 2014 DOD Published

It goes without saying that each iteration of the DOD is a little more accurate than the previous, so I sound like a broken record when I mention each time that this latest version is the most accurate one of all. However, this time it is truly different (much more accurate).

In November, I started an email campaign to contact every member of the DOD for which there was an email address, and ask that they update their information. I contacted both Active and Inactive members, except for people that I already knew were still active in the DeLorean community (many are here on DMCTalk).

A large number of emails were returned undeliverable. For entries whose email’s were returned undeliverable, and were already Inactive, I deleted from the list. For Active entries whose email bounced back, I simply moved them from Active to Inactive, and retained their information.

For all those who did respond to my email and updated your information, thank you very much! Unfortunately, there are still hundreds who are still listed as Active, and whose email did NOT bounce back, and yet still have not responded (at least with a return email).

So, the net results for this publication are a loss of approximately 275 entries, with the resulting counts after the campaign being; Active: 851 and Inactive: 306. While a net loss isn’t what I was after, I feel that a smaller, more accurate DOD is better than a larger one full of inaccuracies.

I am still looking for the best way to make the DOD a little more open, while not compromising the trust people have in that their data is not released to the general public. I certainly welcome sincere suggestions.

With that said, members can now download the December 2014 version of the DOD at any time, and I hope you’ll enjoy such entertaining bedtime reading.

CoverPage.jpg

Thomas Kidd
    Keeper of the new DeLorean Owners Directory.

My VIN:    04610

How do I get a password? When I go to 'get a password', it wants me to give one ... but I don't have a password at the moment.

My VIN ends with 04610, but nothing has changed since the last time ...

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast