FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: DeLorean Owner's Directory

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

DeLorean Owner's Directory

Greetings,

The most recent version (#4) of the new DeLorean Owner’s Directory (DOD) has been published, and can now be downloaded at any time by members in good standing from the Texas Club Website at www.txdmc.org. From the Texas Club home page, select “DOD” from the top navigation. Then follow the directions for downloading the directory.

This is the second publishing for 2012. The directory now boasts 1100 active members. The next publication is expected in April 2013.

SOME ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: The DOD, the DeLorean Registry, and the DeLorean Production Chronology are three different initiatives, each maintained by the Texas Club, but each with different goals in mind.

The DeLorean Production Chronology is an attempt to list every DeLorean automobile manufactured, and record its original factory configuration/build information. Interior and transmission information, as well as frame and engine numbers are included in this collection. Information is collected from original factory documents, VIN plates and other reliable sources. The Chronology currently has 8577 entries. This data is maintained by Shannon Birdwell.

The DeLorean Registry is an attempt to maintain certain latest information about the cars only. This includes last known locations, significant modification and conversion information, such as gold cars, painted, engine swaps (including electric), RHD, BTTF, wrecks, etc. Information is collected from the Production Chronology, current owner submissions, the numerous club web sites around the world, and notable news from various DeLorean sources, such as dmctalk.org. The registry currently contains 1170 VIN plate photos, as well as some other specialty photos of some cars. Vehicle information can be viewed by location (by country or by US state), and by specific configuration. This information is maintained by Shannon Birdwell and myself.

The DeLorean Owner’s Directory a collection of information about cars and their owners, and is collected and maintained solely from car owners themselves on a 100% volunteer basis. Types of data contributed include car/owner location, owner phone or email, number of cars, and contact preferences. Owner information submitted to the DOD is not modified in any way. In addition to the 1100 active members, there are an additional 302 inactive members, making the total 1402. The directory is never released to anyone but current members in good standing.

The Texas DeLorean Club receives no compensation or gifts for these efforts. These three information initiatives are provided free of charge as a service to the DeLorean community.

I hope this information is helpful, and I hope you’ll enjoy this latest publication of the new DeLorean Owner’s Directory.

Thomas Kidd

Corrected DOD published

A few state errors were discovered in the October 4th publishing of the DOD. These have been corrected, and the new directory has been posted. So if you would like the most recent & accurate copy, members can download it any time. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Thomas

New DOD Published

The most recent version (#6) of the new DeLorean Owner’s Directory (DOD) has been published, and can now be downloaded from the Texas Club Website at www.txdmc.org at any time by members in good standing. From the Texas Club home page, select “DOD” from the top navigation. Then follow the directions for downloading the directory.

This is the first publishing for 2013, and was originally slated for April, but delayed to allow our Canadian friends to do some updating. The directory now boasts 1115 active members. The next publication is expected in November 2013.

Keeper of the DeLorean Owners Directory, at www.DeloreanOwnersDirectory.net

Get the world's only DeLorean Mobile App Here

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Thomas,

does the pdf contain the details of both active and inactive members, or just the active ones? (I am too lazy to count)
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

Quote Originally Posted by Dangermouse View Post
    Thomas,

does the pdf contain the details of both active and inactive members, or just the active ones? (I am too lazy to count)
    Dermot -- The DOD pdf should only contain DOD members who's status is Active. The inactive entries, we just don't know about. However, Shannons chronology pdf should show every VIN he has information on, just not DOD information (like addresses, phone numbers, etc.).

Keeper of the DeLorean Owners Directory, at www.DeloreanOwnersDirectory.net

Get the world's only DeLorean Mobile App Here

New DOD Published

It is my pleasure to announce the most recent version (#7) of the new DeLorean Owners Directory (DOD) has been published, and can now be downloaded from the Texas Club web-site at www.txdmc.org at any time by members in good standing. From the Texas Club home page, select “DOD” from the top navigation. Then follow the directions for downloading the directory.

This is the second publishing for 2013, and now contains 1152 active members. The next publication is expected in May 2014.

Thomas