FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: DeLorean Owner's Directory

Quote Originally Posted by nirvanaman View Post
    How do you update a VIN info if you are a new owner and the previous owner already registered that VIN?
    Just let me know the VIN, and I'll remove the old owner information, and then you can enter your information just as if that VIN is new to the directory. Of course, you should provide some proof you own the car now (a VIN photo would be nice, but I normally also contact the PO, because I still have his info on file).

PM me if you need to.

Welcome! And thanks for your participation in the new DOD.

Thomas

Keeper of the DeLorean Owners Directory, at www.DeloreanOwnersDirectory.net

Get the world's only DeLorean Mobile App Here

July 2016 DOD Published

DOD members can now download the July 2016 publication at any time, just in time for travel to DCS in Springfield.

Attachment 34979

www.DeLoreanOwnersDirectory.net

Thomas

Last edited by Citizen; 07-13-2016 at 07:29 PM.

July 2017 Publication

CoverPage.jpg

I have been keeping the DeLorean Owners Directory (DOD) for a number of years now, and try yearly to go through it to make sure entries are is still valid, so to keep the Directory current and relevant. I am completing an audit by the end of June so that I can prepare the next publication (#14) in July. I audit DOD entries primarily by sending an email to each VIN listed, soliciting a response, and thus verifying valid email addresses. If you have received one or more emails from me and responded, thank you very much.

I have found that some people move, and do not update their location information in the directory, as I understand the DOD is of low importance when moving one’s family from one location to another. That is why I send a reminder, typically each year, asking for update information and to verify the email address listed is still current. For older DOD entries that were transferred from the prior listing under Ken Montgomery but do not have a valid email address, that entry is being removed from the Directory. Email is the primary means of contacting you.

I ask that current owners who are listed in the DOD to verify your contact information. You can do that by using the “View/Update” option at the top of the main DOD page. You will need your password to update your data. If you do not know your password, you can have it sent to you via email by selecting the “Forgot Pwd” option. You will need to enter the correct VIN and email address combination to be sent your password reminder email.

In addition, many people will change their email addresses and also do not update their DOD entry with the new address. This makes contacting you by email impossible. For DOD entries where there is a seemingly valid email address, but the email tickler is returned as undeliverable, those entries are being moved from Active status to Inactive, with all information preserved except the bad email address. However, Inactive VINs are not published in the printed directory.

Also, over the course of a year, cars are sold, or brought back to life, or rendered out of service for one reason or another. To help keep the DOD current, I ask each of you new owners to the DeLorean family to consider joining the DOD, by selecting the “Submit” button on the DOD homepage, and everyone who has disposed of their car(s) to make it known by deleting your old entry, by selecting “Delete”.

As always, anyone can contact me by email for assistance adding new, updating, or deleting their data. Please allow time for me to respond in case I am not at my computer.

And finally, if you care to, you can send to me a photo or website link you wish to show or reference with your car information. The application provides for displaying VIN plate (watermarked) and four others (such as exterior, interior, engine, window sticker, etc), and up to three outside web-site links. It’s always fun to see a photo of a customization or whatever is special about your car.

Thank you.

Thomas Kidd
    Keeper of the new DOD and fellow owner

July 2017 Publication

CoverPage.jpg

The July 2017 issue of the DOD will be published shortly. Time is running out to get your information submitted, if you want to appear in this issue.

Mostly Harmless... refugeefromcalif's Avatar

My VIN:    6599

Quote Originally Posted by citizen View Post
    CoverPage.jpg

The July 2017 issue of the DOD will be published shortly. Time is running out to get your information submitted, if you want to appear in this issue.

I replied back to the email I received. My past info is the same.
    Can't wait for the latest issue.

George
    George.

1974 BMW RS90 motorcycle
    1981 DeLorean. Cruise Control, Wings-A-Loft, Eibach springs, Spax shocks, Stage1 exhaust, Manual, Grey and Grooved, LED clock and fixed pulls.
    1993 del Sol S (With a Few, Upgrades)
    2017 Chrysler Pacifica Limited

July 2017 DOD Published

DOD members can now download the July 2017 publication at any time.

CoverPage.jpg

Thomas

My VIN:    5482

Thanks for all the hard work that goes into this!
    Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by OverlandMan View Post
    Thanks for all the hard work that goes into this!
    Glad to do it.

Wish more people would join, though.

T.

DOD Now Tracks Mileage

Fellow owners;

The new DOD now tracks mileage, in addition to other attributes already being tracked. You can update your own mileage from the DOD Update page, if you are a member of the directory and are so inclined (you'll need your password). If not a member, you can just send me an IM with your mileage, and I will update it for you.

Go Here to see the mileage we currently have for your car, among other statistics. Return often and correct/update at any time.

Happy motoring and thanks for keeping the DOD up-to-date!

Thomas

August 2017 DOD Published

After a shortened publication interval to accommodate some late updates, DOD members can now download the August 2017 publication at any time.

CoverPage.jpg

Enjoy,
    Thomas

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast