FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

View Poll Results: Should Back To The Future series make a comeback to theathres as a 3D movies

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

10 34.48%
  • No

14 48.28%
  • They should come back, but not as 3D

5 17.24%
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Back to the future question

My VIN:    10186

Back to the future question

With the success the movie "Titanic" had being re-released as 3D in theatres awhile back, Do you think that BTTF should make a comeback to theatres as a 3D version? I personally would be most definitely interested in seeing a 3D version of BTTF in theatres, that way i would know how cool it was to see it in theatres as i was too young to see them originally . BTTF1 : i wasnt born till 1987 and 2 and 3 i was only 2 and 3 years old.

My VIN:    3299

Nah.

For it to just be seen on the big screen again - yes - definitely. 3D gimmick - nah.

There would be SOME cool scenes though. Part where Marty hits the gas hard and the grill gets right in the screen when he's about to go BTTF in part 1.... Jaws 3D would be a fun scene in BTTF2.... Doc pointing at you in BTTF1 "Next Saturday night, we're sending you BTTF!" - all good moments.
    Overall though - nah - just show it to us on like a Saturday night or something - THAT would be a treat to me .
    DMCTalk.org Moderator

Actual snippet of a conversation from Sept 2013:

Me: Eddie, I can't wait to get the car back when you're done with it.

Eddie: Yeah, you'll be able to give the car gas, and it won't be - like - embarrassing....

My VIN:    Formerly 0774, Formerly 3165 twice

Club(s):   (DMA) (LINY-DMC) (DCUK)

I know I'm gonna catch hell for saying this but I'd like to see a new BTTF story. I know it's like messing with something sacred but sometimes revivals work. The Star Wars prequels were ok. Not great but ok. The third was one of my favorites. The Indiana jones revival also could've been done better but was enjoyable none the less. Ghostbuters 3 has promise but I don't know what's going on with that. The current Star Trek revival is very good, but for lifelong die hard trekkies like me, they need to work on their terminology and sets if they want to get it right IMHO. So I think if the story is good, with modern special effects in 3-D. I think a new BTTF story would be very enjoyable.

I'm not opposed to seeing the originals in 3-D but it's been done quite a bit lately with Titanic and the Phantom Menace. I don't mind seeing something new based on something old if it's a good story. Case and point was Tron Legacy. Aside from Star Trek that was a great revival but as with anything the key is the writing. If it's not a good story it just won't work no matter how good it looks visually.
    Chris Piazza
    1GR8STRY
    Owner of 3165 by default

I could live with a 3D Back to the Future , but I would prefer something like gohst busters put back in to theaters in 3D. And a Back to the Future remake? No way. They would loose the Delorean and throw in some other car probably.
    Evan, chilling in Colorado.
    Vin:IDK
    Interior:IDK
    That other stuff:IDK

My VIN:    16336 (SOLD)

I wanna see 16 Candles in 3d.
    One of DMCTalk.org's original admins

Mainly lurking, just passing through. Still enjoying reading about everyone's progress.

My VIN:    6679

3D - BTTF Part 2 would benefit the most from 3D I reckon. Speilberg is doing a 3D remaster of Jurassic Park, who knows he might turn to BTTF later?

Return to big screen - BTTF was screened at a nearby drive-in here last weekend, that would have been an absolute blast!!! I had an engagement party to be at so was shattered to not be able to go, but a few other local D owners went.
    Chris

I have a Torque Wrench... tyb323's Avatar

My VIN:    2399

Club(s):   (DMA)

I want 3d to go back to the 2000s when it didn't really exist except the occasional kid's flick.
    Tyler Butler
    Vin 2399 - July 81 Black Interior, Automatic

DeLorean Owner Since 2006

My VIN:    3676

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I wanna see 16 Candles in 3d.
    I'd like to see "Fast Times at Ridgemont High" in 3D. Particularly the pool scene.

Quote Originally Posted by Tillsy View Post
    BTTF was screened at a nearby drive-in here last weekend, that would have been an absolute blast!!! I had an engagement party to be at so was shattered to not be able to go, but a few other local D owners went.
    Bah, I never go to engagement parties. I'd love to go to a local drive-in theater, but I don't know any other local owners, and I don't think the only one nearby plays BTTF.

Pfft, maybe "BACKSIDE to the Future" in 3D...
    1-800-273-8255

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast