FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: DeLorean Motor Cars, Ltd

My VIN:    5482

DeLorean Motor Cars, Ltd

I'm trying to find pictures of what the DMC factory in Dunmurry looks like today. I found this thread that had a picture link that no longer works: http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?41...t=google+earth

I was able to find it on Google Earth.

Capture.jpg

Anyone have any modern pics at street level?

Thanks
    Jeff

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Try sifting through these from Eurofest last year

http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?30...light=eurofest
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

Quote Originally Posted by Dangermouse View Post
    Try sifting through these from Eurofest last year

http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?30...light=eurofest
    Thanks Dangermouse. From what I can see in those pictures, looks like all or part of the original DMCL facility is being occupied by another business. That's what I was most curious about --> Was the place sitting empty or being used.
    Jeff

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Most of it is being used by Montupet who make aluminium engine blocks for the likes of Ford iirc
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

Quote Originally Posted by Dangermouse View Post
    Most of it is being used by Montupet who make aluminium engine blocks for the likes of Ford iirc
    Ahh - yes. I just went to their website and saw that at the Dunmurry facility they make cylinder heads for Ford and Peugot employing 520 folks, significantly less than DMCL.
    Jeff

My VIN:    7075

Quote Originally Posted by OverlandMan View Post
    Thanks Dangermouse. From what I can see in those pictures, looks like all or part of the original DMCL facility is being occupied by another business. That's what I was most curious about --> Was the place sitting empty or being used.
    Half of the factory is Montupet's, and the other part is Bombardier's. Montupet produces engine cylinders, Bombardier produces airplane parts.
    I've been on 2011 Eurofest and I have many pictures about the factory if anyone is interested.

My VIN:    10287

Club(s):   (DMA)

I believe I read in an old issue of DeLorean World that the space between the original factory buildings had been bult on so the site doesn't look the same as it did when DMCL was producing the car there.
    Nick A.

1988 BMW 325is
    1982 DeLorean DMC-12
    1989 Jaguar XJ6

Quote Originally Posted by Sidaries View Post
    Half of the factory is Montupet's, and the other part is Bombardier's. Montupet produces engine cylinders, Bombardier produces airplane parts.
    I've been on 2011 Eurofest and I have many pictures about the factory if anyone is interested.
    I'm interested in the factory pics Sidaries.
    Jeff

My VIN:    05141

Most of the space is where Bombardier makes composits for Gulfstream and airbus. The factory was open for tours that day. I wanted to see this, and it was very intersting to see. They make parts for wings, noses of airoplanes, and jet engine covers. They even showed how this was done, but NO PICTURE taking. I respected this fo course.
    It was also a nice experience that the guide said what part of the Delorean was made at which place. Some "walls" I did recognice from pictures. It was one of the most memorable Delorean trips I've made ever.
    Some Deloreans (like I did also)drove into the old "exit" there the care came out of brand new 31 years ago. Gives you the chills, absolutely wonderful. It was a 3 hour visit, it felt like we got only 3 minutes.

I hope I can do this again in 4 years.

Jan

Steering with power

My VIN:    2969

Here's photos of what the factory looks like on a normal day- sorry the kodak link from previous posts no longer works.

http://s604.photobucket.com/albums/t...ean%20Factory/

I remember as a kid going to the Ulster Folk and Transport museum on a regular basis, it must have been about 1983 or 84 and they had the Delorean in the "old" building. I recall it was in much better condition back then and what sticks out in my memory was the bendy lamp on the passenger side for map reading.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast