FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Wanted: (Buy or Trade) Front Rim/Wheel - Thick Style Casting

My VIN:    6125

Wanted: (Buy or Trade) Front Rim/Wheel - Thick Style Casting

I'm looking for one front rim that is the later style 'thick' casting. At some point in the past the prev owner swapped out one front wheel for a new one and it is the earlier thin style. The other three wheels on my car are thick so I'd like to:

-Buy one used or new thick style front wheel. Condition need not be perfect as I'll be refinishing it, but no bends or major curb rash.

OR

-Trade my one thin style wheel for a thick style wheel. Same condition of wheel applies.

For reference, here are the differences:

THICK: (The style I'm looking to buy or trade for)

THIN: (Willing to trade away)

Note, the thin wheel has been powdercoated silver and is very slightly different in color & texture than the stock finish.
    Last edited by Mark D; 10-10-2012 at 11:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mjdehlin View Post
    I'm looking for one front rim that is the later style 'thick' casting. At some point in the past the prev owner swapped out one front wheel for a new one and it is the earlier thin style. The other three wheels on my car are thick so I'd like to:

-Buy one used or new thick style front wheel. Condition need not be perfect as I'll be refinishing it, but no bends or major curb rash.

OR

-Trade my one thin style wheel for a thick style wheel. Same condition of wheel applies.

For reference, here are the differences:
    PM SENT

Bruce Benson
    Last edited by Ron; 10-13-2012 at 01:51 PM. Reason: format

Trade in process with delornut.

I've had a few other messages though from people looking to trade a thick for a thin or vice versa. It seems like this may be a somewhat common issue.

As Dave from DMCMW described it to me most of the wheels that customer service stocked back in the 80's were early thin type castings... So if at some point in the past a wheel was swapped at a service center there was potential for mis-match situations. I don't think many people really knew there was a difference until the late 90's/early 2000's

Trade complete, thanks again Bruce!

Mods you can close this thread.