FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Front Yard Show

My VIN:    16336 (SOLD)

Great pic, Dwayne!!
    One of DMCTalk.org's original admins

Mainly lurking, just passing through. Still enjoying reading about everyone's progress.

My VIN:    3472 (former), 1141

Club(s):   (RMDG) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
    ... It was in Garner back when I test drove it....
    Holy crap! I have seen this car before then! Pretty sure that I talked briefly with the owner a long time ago when I was in Apex and ran in to him in Cary. . .small world.

Louie - any time you need a DeLorean fix come on back out here and we will hook you up.
    Michael Babb

My VIN:    1710

Quote Originally Posted by TripleZeroFilms View Post
    On a side note, it is a shame that 781 couldn't make it to the line up (we were preoccupied in the garage with Josh). I'd have liked to seen a red spot in the sea of stainless
    Awesome! I hope you keep those dark grey wheels & center caps!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Babb View Post
    Louie - any time you need a DeLorean fix come on back out here and we will hook you up.
    You know, I might just take y'all up on that. My folks still live out by Lake Tillery, and I have to visit them at some point. Might as well see some DeLorean folk when I venture into that neck of the woods again, too!

Nit-picking customer(as seen on TV) Iznodmad's Avatar

My VIN:    #5000 (Grey, manual, SS chassis, intercooled twin turbo), #16128 (Grey, auto, efi twin turbo), #888

Club(s):   (DCVA) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Louie, I'd be offended if you came to NC and didn't let me know about it! I know you'd have family time, and that is understandable. But how about some time for your "oldest" DeLorean friend! Keep in touch buddy, and welcome back again to being active in the community!

My VIN:    781

Quote Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
    Awesome! I hope you keep those dark grey wheels & center caps!
    I wouldn't dream of losing them! Out of curiosity, what was the owner asking for it back in '03?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Babb View Post
    Holy crap! I have seen this car before then! Pretty sure that I talked briefly with the owner a long time ago when I was in Apex and ran in to him in Cary. . .small world.
    It would appear so. Any idea what year that was/if he was selling back then? I ask because I can't figure out why it would have taken him this long to get it sold. From my experience it's been the perfect restoration candidate and real gem.
    When this baby hits 88 miles per hour...your going over the speed limit.

My VIN:    1710

Quote Originally Posted by TripleZeroFilms View Post
    I wouldn't dream of losing them! Out of curiosity, what was the owner asking for it back in '03?

It would appear so. Any idea what year that was/if he was selling back then? I ask because I can't figure out why it would have taken him this long to get it sold. From my experience it's been the perfect restoration candidate and real gem.
    I *think* he was asking $11k, but that's been a long time ago now. Not to mention that between previously owning 2 different DeLoreans myself, and being in the community since the late '90s, I've gone to look at countless DeLoreans over the years. Anyway- back then, the car really wasn't worth what he was asking for it. If I had the time to restore the car back then, I would have haggled with him & probably would have found a price we could both agree on. From what I recall, the car had mainly cosmetic issues & would be a pretty straightforward restoration. I'm glad the car found it's way to you, it is a neat example & it sounds like you are the right steward for it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2