FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: DPI Engine Performance Stats: DYNO Results by the numbers

My VIN:    01643

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Thank you for making this information available. I think it's very important for people to know what they're getting with any kit they buy. There is SO much over inflated information out there, it's awesome that you actually level the playing field and stick to the hard facts. From here I'm sure we'll continue to see improvements in the kits DPI has to offer .

My VIN:    3757

So.....

Josh,

In simple numbers... What is the HP of a Stock Delorean? Stage 1 Kit Delorean? Stage II Delorean?

On Average.....

Craig

Quote Originally Posted by DPI JOSH View Post
    Max 111.9 HP DPI SPEC II platform (camshafts and exhaust)
    [...]
    I welcome anyone interested with a SPEC II or Stage II engine to stop by. We will run your car at my expense to show you this in person.
    I see the SPEC II DeLorean you tested had both the exhaust and the camshafts. If you don't mind, when you put my D on the test chassis, could you run it on the Dyno? That'll give us performance figures for just the camshafts. Or if the test chassis part is already over, could you run it as-is? I'll be adding many miles in the near future anyways, one more mile is no big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverbullet View Post
    Josh,

In simple numbers... What is the HP of a Stock Delorean? Stage 1 Kit Delorean? Stage II Delorean?

On Average.....

Craig
    from the first post I think the HP of a stock D are 89,7 ...

btw, we are talking about wheel HP right?

how much is the difference from the flywheel HP?
    Last edited by BABIS; 11-11-2012 at 06:23 PM.

President, DeLorean Industries

My VIN:    5646,5080, 5880, 10234, 3639, 2518, 10586, 1538

Quote Originally Posted by BABIS View Post
    from the first post I think the HP of a stock D are 89,7 ...

btw, we are talking about wheel HP right?

how much is the difference from the flywhell HP?
    Add 15 percent to the wheel horse power number.
    www.deloreanindustries.com Every Detail Matters

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Add 15 percent to the wheel horse power number.

HMM, Only 15% Whatever happened to the 30-40 % driveline loss that gets tossed about every so often. Martin G. says its 40% others say 30% (Industry standard)
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

Quote Originally Posted by DMC5180 View Post
    HMM, Only 15% Whatever happened to the 30-40 % driveline loss that gets tossed about every so often. Martin G. says its 40% others say 30% (Industry standard)
    Gm industry standard ie the ones that design and build the engines allocate for 15. That is who performs the testing for us. This is strictly third party testing not us.

In the past months we have finally handed engine development over to chuck wright of pro car. He has been in the industry for over fifty years at this point working for gm. When a gm performance engine is designed or ordered the call goes to him. I agree with him that the performance available now is junk. Time for a change and that requires more than just throwing parts at the prv platform. I am investing heavily in the complete redevelopment of the prv. What we have produced so far in testing is phenomenal. It's time for owners to demand a higher standard of excellence from engine providers in this community. That is what we are doing with a na platform.

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Gm industry standard ie the ones that design and build the engines allocate for 15. That is who performs the testing for us. This is strictly third party testing not us.
    Interesting

So what's next on the Upgraded configuration testing list?
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

Quote Originally Posted by DMC5180 View Post
    Interesting

So what's next on the Upgraded configuration testing list?
    testing all currently available platforms is auto and manual configuration. Then we show the power curve differences with our new mods ranging from flywheels to heads.

There is a reason why owners can be quoted with accounts of just an exhaust upgrade out performing internally modified engines in the community.....

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast