FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: SpecialTAuto LCA Poly Bushings

Anytime you replace stock rubber with stiffer polyurethane there is going to be greater NVH transmitted to the driver and passenger, some owners may not notice or the bushings that were replaced were shot and not doing what they were supposed to do.

I DEFINETLY recommend getting the poly bushings for the sway bar. It helps get rid of the delorean brake shake, which happens under heavy braking. The bushing holds the front stabilizer bar rigid, which in turn helps keep the LCA from twisting backwards. In fact at the DMA spring social it was noticed that no many cars there was space inbetween the stabilizer bar and the frame mounted bushings. Toby at DPNW kit is great choice for this upgrade.

By the way my car has -eibach springs/marty mier's KYBs/front strut bar/boxed LCA/Poly LCA and Sway bar bushings. I can't speak for one modification by itself, but I can say that the car feels much more like a small, light, agile sports car. It almost feels like it pulls towards the inside of a curve, instead of the instant understeer that you get with the stock suspension set up. Heavy braking is a 100% improvement without the nervousness.

Quote Originally Posted by thegovernor9912 View Post
    Toby at DPNW kit is great choice for this upgrade.
    IMO, it's the ONLY choice.
    Martin Gutkowski
    -------------
    Very part time DeLoreaner...

My VIN:    00778 and Formerly 06770.

because ?

Quote Originally Posted by DCUK Martin View Post
    IMO, it's the ONLY choice.

Yup, I didn't know that

The superflex U-bushes are generic and don't stay in the bracket and are far too soft. The LCA bushes are not much removed from the originals.

Toby's kit completely re-writes the book on the tracking of the LCAs within the bounds of the original design with an order of magniture stiffer bushes. The best $99 you can spend on the handling of your car (assuming everything else is already working as it should).
    Martin Gutkowski
    -------------
    Very part time DeLoreaner...

My VIN:    16409

Another plus 1 for Toby's antiroll bar/LCA polly bushes. Something else to keep in mind about polly bushes for the rest of the suspension; they are easier to install than the OEM style bushes from DMCH. In my opinion, it's hard enough to press out the original bushes, let alone having to press in new ones. I was able to use a bench vice to install the polly bushes that Martin sells. Actually, each bushing half can be inserted by hand, and I used the vise to push in the stainless sleeves. At the time I bought the polly bushes, DMCH was only selling NOS bushes for like $50 a piece. I thought for a comparable price I could get a whole set of polly bushes (including ones for the trailing arms). Now however, DMCH has had the suspension buses remade and they are a fraction of the price. So now it seems the polly bushes are the more expensive option.
    Chris Miles

For Better or Worse I own a DeLorean!
    1983 Grey Manual, VIN #16409, Fresno, California

My VIN:    02766

I have Toby's antiroll bar bushings on mine and I am really impressed with them (as I have been with everything I have purchased from him). +1 on the sway bar bushings..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2